Chapter 208 - Your Back (3)

On top of a small iceberg a distance away from the Paerun Kingdom's shore. Cale heard an excited voice while standing there.

"Weak human! Are we busting things up again?"

Raon fluttered his wings as he asked with excitement. Cale wrapped the scarf tightly around his neck and responded back.

"Probably?"

He could see the shore that was still frozen as it was still February.
Cale observed the five patrol stations around the area.

They were currently at the Paerun Kingdom's northernmost border. Their defense against the Whale tribe had once been stronger than any other location in the past, however, with the Whale tribe being forgotten about now, the number of guards at this frozen shore was now dismal.

Cale heard the Black Dragon's voice in his ear.

"Are we taking this thing too?"

This thing.
Those words made the Whales next to Cale on the small iceberg flinch.
These Whales were naturally the Killer Whale Archie, and the Humpback Whales, Witira and Paseton. The three of their gazes slowly turned to the side.

They saw a white-haired man sitting on a wheelchair with a blank expression.

The Guardian Knight Clopeh.
He seemed completely out of it as he sat on the wheelchair.

Cale's gaze headed toward Clopeh. At that moment, focus returned to Clopeh's gaze. Cale started to ask in a friendly tone.

"Clopeh, you'll go with us, right?"

Archie flinched at Cale's friendly demeanor before almost falling over after seeing Clopeh's response.

Clopeh raised his limp arms to the air. He then clasped his hands together and bowed deeply toward Cale while still sitting on his wheelchair.
It looked as if he was bowing to a god.

'What is going on here?'

Archie's gaze headed toward the half-blooded Whale, Paseton. However, Paseton had no information as well. Paseton shook his head with a confused expression.

They heard Cale continuing to speak to Clopeh.

"You know what you have to do, right?"
"...I will do ... as you command."

'Huh?'
Archie's expression turned odd.
But Cale did not care as he observed the fear in Clopeh's eyes and turned away.

Choi Han had cut off Clopeh's arm.
Ron had cut off his other arm, and his two legs were turned into minced meat.

However, all of his limbs looked normal right now.
He had his legs back even though they did not move, while his two arms at least moved slowly.

Witira started to speak.

"Young master Cale, everything's okay, right?"

She was not asking about Clopeh's condition. She was not the type to feel sympathy for the enemy.
She was just asking to see if this plan would progress smoothly.

"Don't worry."

Witira did not ask anymore after hearing Cale's confident response. It would be fine if he said that it will be fine.

Cale turned away from Clopeh and snorted.
Cale knew that Clopeh was looking at him like a god.

'There's no way it's real.'

He was thinking that Clopeh was acting this way out of fear.

Why?
The necromancer Mary was the one who had made his legs and arms for him.
Cale had told her to recreate his limbs while telling her to do something else as well.