Chapter 330 - Shining (5)

A large pit had been created from her attack.

"Ahhh! The explosion-!"

The ground of the plaza shot out debris as it crumbled.
People tried to cover their faces with both of their arms in order to protect themselves from the gust of wind and the debris.

Flap.

"...Priest-nim?"

However, they did not need to do that.

Priests in white robes who suddenly appeared in front of the citizens opened up their arms to block the debris.
One of the citizens who had been blankly standing there with his bag in his arms made eye contact with the priestess who turned around.

It was a middle-aged woman with a gentle appearance.

"May the light be with you."
"Ah."

The citizen started to frown after hearing what the priestess had to say. He could see the explosion dying down behind the priestess's shoulder.

Things were clearly visible now.

"...Holy Maiden-nim."

The woman who had been the future of the Church of the Sun God along with Saint Jack.
Hannah, the Holy Maiden.

She was covered in gold and black light with a sword as long as a spear in her hand.

"...Sword master."

His gaze headed toward Hannah's face. It then headed toward Hannah's hand. Both of them were covered in black veins that looked like spiderwebs.

'...Necromancer.'

Anybody could tell that this was the appearance that was characteristic of a necromancer.
So how could a necromancer use an aura that had gold light mixed in with it?

"My goodness-"

However, he could only slowly step backward after seeing something else.

Crackle, sizzle-

Hannah's aura was crackling like an electric current as it tried to eat up its enemy.
However, there was someone defending against her violent aura.

The backstepping citizen plopped down on the ground after seeing who it was.

"Sir Bernard's h, hand is-"

A hand covered in black mana was defending against Hannah's aura.

"Hehe."

Hannah looked at the person in front of her as she laughed.

"Wow, Sir Bernard. Are you not going to use your sword?"
"...Holy Maiden."

Sir Bernard stood there with a stoic expression as the black mana continued to surround his hand.

The benign expression disappeared from the old knight's face and was replaced with coldness. His hand clashed around Hannah's sword.

"How interesting. I knew about you latching onto Cale Henituse, but..."

A smirk appeared on Bernard's face.

"I didn't expect for the Holy Maiden to have dead mana-"

It was at that moment.
A loud voice echoed inside the plaza.

"Support the Holy Maiden-nim against the bastard who poisoned her!"

Clang, clang clang!
Many attacks were launched toward Sir Bernard.

It was Rex who had shouted that Bernard was the one to poison the Holy Maiden.
The people wearing the white priest robes had launched attacks as well.