Chapter 209 - Your Back (4)

Cale heard Raon's voice in his head.

– Haaaaaaa, he's really lost it.

Cale could not say anything in response to the six-years-old Dragon's sighing tone.
He saw the odd way Paseton was looking at him, as well as the stiff steps of Witira and Archie who had just walked into the patrol station, but he could not show any response to Clopeh's words.

The Killer Whale Archie especially looked shocked.

"...Wow, damn, what cra-, I mean, what amazing thing you did again."

Archie quickly changed his words to those of a compliment as he looked toward Clopeh.
The Killer Whale Archie could not help but close his mouth after hearing Clopeh's next words.

"This esteemed sir's words are all correct and he knows about everything. We can go down the right path if we follow this sir."

Archie could not believe the way Clopeh was praising Cale. However, the thing that shocked him even more than that was the truth behind those words.

'It's actually true.'

Clopeh's words were actually true. Although that nuance was a bit difference, hasn't young master Cale always been a step ahead of everyone in order to do the right thing?

"I guess it's true."

The Killer Whale Archie saw Witira nodding her head and shut up. Witira was smiling with an entertained expression on her face.

'...What a scary human.'

The Killer Whale Archie was thinking that Cale was scarier than the Whale King Shickler who had beaten him to a pulp. He then pretended not to see anything even though his eyes were still shaking.

However, there was someone here who could not ignore what was going on.

– W, what the...

The Guardian Knight's father.
Rock Sekka, the head of the Sekka household. He could not comprehend what was going on right now.

God, legend.
He was aware of how his son was always obsessed with legends. However, that was because he himself wanted to become one, not because he wanted to serve someone else who was a legend.
Duke Rock's gaze headed toward Cale Henituse.

Cale had been making an odd expression while looking at Clopeh all this time.
However, the shock on his face had disappeared after a few moments. New thoughts filled his mind instead.

'Oh, how interesting.'

Contrary to Cale's mind that was moving quickly, a shocked voice filled the patrol station.

– Captain Clopeh Sekka, what nonsense are you spewing right now?

The Duke called Clopeh, 'Captain,' instead of son in order to try to make him come to his senses. Cale wanted to applaud the Duke who was somehow able to maintain his calm.

Even he had been shocked by Clopeh's words, so how shocked must the Duke have been?
His mind was probably complicated right now, thinking about whether his son had gone crazy or if he was being threatened.

'Do I need to step in?'

Cale was debating whether he needed to step in to steer this in the right direction.
Clopeh started to speak at that moment.

"Duke-nim."

His voice sounded normal.

"Just three days."

Clopeh was rationally thinking that Cale was a legendary figure.
He had simulated many different scenarios in his head while in the underground prison.
The necromancer had shared how they were able to achieve an overwhelming victory out in the ocean with innocent purity. That was why he was able to come to his own conclusions.