Chapter 289 - Conductor (2)

– The Western continent is in shock.

Crown prince Alberu Crossman was laughing from the other side of the video communication device. Cale looked at him from the military operations room as he leaned back against an empty couch.

The first battle had ended.

The Western continent heard some surprising news.

The Empire's crushing defeat.

The Empire that was supposed to be overwhelmingly powerful crumbled before the Whipper Kingdom's warriors.

– Rumors of Duke Huten's capture as a prisoner of war are spreading rapidly across the Western continent.

"Aren't you laughing a bit too much?"

Cale turned his head away from the lively Alberu, whose glibness seemed to have spread from his tongue to his entire face.

He could then see the Fire of Destruction that was still burning strong even after all of the other fires had been put out.

– Heeheehee, isn't our fire beautiful?

'Ah, this crazy bastard.'

Cale ignored the fiery thunderbolt's voice. He then turned his head to see Alberu's bright face once again.

– The Mogoru Empire contacted us.

That was expected.

– They asked if we provided the Whipper Kingdom with mages.

"And?"

Alberu replied with a cheerful expression.

– I told them that I never did! Isn't that the truth?

"That is true. Although you technically gave them a vacation."

The black Dragon Raon shook his head after seeing Cale and Alberu's expressions. Cale didn't care about Raon's reaction as he nonchalantly added on..

"The results of the Empire's battle seem to be spreading a bit too quickly though. It's strange."

Alberu snorted and responded back after seeing that Cale's gaze was calm contrary to his statement about things being strange.

– Yeah, I spread the news.

The news of the Empire's defeat, and detailed information of it at that, were quickly passed on to the, 'people,' of the Western continent.

In other words, it was spreading to the general public and not to the leaders of each kingdom.

Less than half a day had passed since the end of the first battle, however, the defeat of the Empire was an interesting story in the capitals of each kingdom.

– Isn't this how we get the Empire to become even more panicked?

"That's quite superb your highness. You're as quick as a swift flying squirrel."

Alberu frowned as he couldn't tell if Cale's words were a compliment or banter. He spoke to the punk who shared a similar personality as his own with a sour expression.

– You say that now, but you'll be going to the Empire in order to spread the news as well, aren't you?

Alberu turned his gaze to the person behind Cale as he said that.

– Well, our Sword of the Empire seems to be quite shocked, so you probably have to take care of that first.

There was a man bound with all kinds of restraints and magic spells.

The man showed no strength in his eyes as if he had aged a few decades over the span of a few hours.

His cheeks were quivering in shock.