Chapter 324 - Falling (3)

Beeeeeeeep- Beeeeeeeep-
Windows started to open throughout the capital.

"What is going on?"

The knights' chaotic shouts could be heard, however, nobody was paying attention to them.
The soldiers who were guarding around the city wall, on top of the wall, and around the capital could only blankly stare up at the sky.

– Ahhhhhhhhhhh-
– Ahhhhh!

The black golems in the footage in the sky started to crumble.
Shrieking voices shot up along with the black smoke.

"...Our Empire made something like that?"

The hands of one of the citizen's looking out of his window were shaking. He thought about who he had seen before the golems had appeared.
It was Imperial Prince Adin who was in a terrace above a pile of skeletons laughing above a container full of a black liquid.

Why did that pile of skeletons and the shrieks coming from these golems seem to come together in his mind?

"Honey, t, that-"

The hands of the man who reached over to grab the shaking hands of his wife were shaking even worse.

The Alchemists' Bell Tower's Tower Master's disciple.
Honte, who was the symbol of rising from rags to riches.

He was exploding.
He was exploding like a bomb.
He was exploding toward the soldiers, his fellow citizens of the Empire.

The Imperial Prince was running away with only his subordinates as that happened.
It was the enemies who saved the remaining soldiers.
The face of the person saving the soldiers was familiar.

Cale Henituse.

He was the Roan Kingdom's hero who was known quite well throughout the Empire's capital for receiving the Medal of Honor.
Someone from a foreign nation was bleeding to save the Empire's soldiers while the Imperial Prince, the so called pillar of the Empire, was running away while laughing.

"...What is this? Is it real?"

'Is that footage real?'

The footage had returned to show Adin smiling above the pile of skeletons.
The focus of the video slowly moved away from Adin.

It backed away farther and farther until it finally stopped.
The footage had moved out of the secret passage and was now showing the Alchemists' Bell Tower.

'...Perhaps?'

The golems that the alchemists had called forth, as well as Honte, who had become a bomb and sprayed the black liquid.
The black liquid that was around the pile of skeletons.

"Mom, dad?"

They could see their sleepy son walking toward them while rubbing his eyes. They could see their daughter who was still half-asleep and just walking while holding her brother's hand.
The eyes of the parents that had been chaotic quickly focused back.

It was at that moment.

Bang! Bang, bang!

They heard someone banging on the door.
The man cautiously walked up to the door. He heard a familiar voice coming from outside the door.

"Boss, it's me, Sam."

He opened the door after realizing that it was Sam from the slums who worked at his restaurant. He was someone who always worked hard.

Screeeech-
The door opened.

"...Sam."

He could see Sam with a shield around him and a stiff expression on his face. He could also see what was going on past Sam's shoulder.