Chapter 281 - What the wind swept in (1)

Screeeech.

Cale's chair screeched as he stood up. He started to walk away as he asked Toonka a question.

"When are we leaving?"

Their destination was, of course, Maple Castle.

"Tomorrow. We will go after the king's speech."

The Empire had declared war first.
The Whipper Kingdom's king had to say something as well in order to keep the morale of the soldiers and citizens up high.
That was the way to lessen the fear and uncertainty in the minds of everyone.

Cale nodded his head and walked out of the room.

"I guess I'll see you at the location of the speech tomorrow."

Tomorrow was when they would all head to the battlefield.

* * *

A spring breeze was blowing.

– Human, human! I can see the soldiers and warriors standing in the distance! It feels like we are finally going to fight!

Cale took in the scent of spring as he headed toward where the numerous Whipper forces should be gathered.

"Priest-nim, I am not walking too fast, right?"
"Not at all. I am okay."

Cale responded gently while the 1000-man Commander started to smile. The 1000-man Commander clenched his fist after taking a look at Cale and the priest behind Cale who was covered in a white robe.

This 1000-man Commander was responsible for escorting the disguised Cale.
He had seen Cale before. The 1000-man Commander thought about that moment before he cautiously started to speak.

"Priest-nim, I saw you at the battle of Maple Castle last time and I just wanted to say that it is an honor to meet you again like this."

The 1000-man Commander had not forgotten about the priests who had come to Maple Castle. They had given their all in order to heal the wounded. The images of the priests were clear in his mind as they had seemed angelic as if they had come because a god had called them to come help.

The person who had seemed to be the leader of those priests had returned to the Whipper Kingdom.

'They said that he is someone Commander Toonka-nim knows?'

This priest was said to have come at Commander Toonka's request. It was also said that the other priests would soon arrive as well.

"Thank you very much, priest-nim."

The 1000-man Commander was truly thankful that this priest had come to the Whipper Kingdom just as they were about to fight the Empire.

"I do not deserve such gratitude. I just came where I needed to be."

'Wow!'

The 1000-man Commander was in awe at the priest's modest response.
On the other hand, Cale felt a bit burdened.

'Why is he looking at me with such sparkle in his eyes?'

He was disgusted by the 1000-man Commander's respectful gaze.
Cale wanted to quickly head over to where the soldiers were and get through the king's speech before heading to Maple Castle. However, the 1000-man Commander who needed to escort the two priests could not run nor show any signs of urgency and thus leisurely continued to walk.

He cautiously started to speak again as well.

"Priest-nim."

Cale flinched at the earnest tone of the 1000-man Commander. It was at that moment.
It was right as Cale, the robed Choi Han, and the 1000-man Commander were about to turn a corner and head toward the large plaza in the distance.