Chapter 319 - Oh where oh where are you hiding? (2)

'The Imperial Prince can't be found in the capital?'

Cale motioned to Billos with his chin.

"Explain."

He had not had any time to look through the information about the Empire. It was now time to carefully listen.

* * *

"...So, what you are telling me..."

Cale, who was sitting on a couch in a room that Billos had guided him to, started to get an image of the current situation in the Empire after hearing everything that Billos had to say. He then explained it in one phrase.

"The information in the capital is being controlled right now."

He brushed back his magically brown hair.

"Yes, young master-nim. That is why there are soldiers from the Empire undercover and monitoring myself, as well as the other merchants of the Empire."

Billos thought about the Flynn Merchant Guild's building as well as his other residence that was publicly known as his official residence.
There were currently people he believed to be the Empire's soldiers and knights stationed undercover to watch his every move.

Cale thought about what Billos had just explained to him.

'Furthermore, the number of soldiers at every gate heading into the capital has been fortified.'

The true reason for the increased number of soldiers was to control the information going out, however, the regular citizens would just think that they were doing this to prepare for war.

"There already seems to be many merchants from other nations who have been captured by them."

Billos gulped at Cale's stoic expression before continuing to speak.

"All of the video communication devices that do not belong to the royal family nor the nobles have all been confiscated as well. The official video communication device belonging to the Flynn Merchant Guild has been confiscated as well."
"...But there should be others like you who have a secret video communication device, no?"
"Yes sir, I'm sure that there are. I believe a few people including myself know about the situation outside the capital right now."

Cale pointed out the most important thing in what Billos just said.

Controlling the gates.
Controlling the merchants.
Confiscating the video communication devices.

The result of doing all of those things.

"The citizens of the capital must not know about the current situation with the war."

Billos nodded his head with a serious expression on his face.

"Yes sir."

He quickly added on.

"And the people who do know are not able to easily open their mouths."
"Because they might be captured?"
"That is the case."

Cale thought about Imperial Prince Adin and commented.

"Trash really is trash."

Billos flinched at Cale's extremely annoyed voice. Tasha, who was next to them, interjected.

"Then the citizens of the capital must know nothing right now."

Billos looked toward Tasha and nodded his head.

"Yes, the only thing that the royal family said was that the war was going to go longer than expected."

He thought about the current situation in the capital.