Chapter 377 - As Your Temper Dictates (4)

There was only one sentence that came out of Cale's mouth.

"...What the fuck?"

It clearly showed his current emotional state.

What the heck was this?
He had faced many unexplainable things until now.
He could let most things go because the fact that he ended up inside a novel called 'The Birth of a Hero' was something that others would not be able to believe.

Kim Rok Soo was someone who had faced monsters appearing on Earth and in Korea, experiencing most things that one would only find in a raid novel or a modern fantasy novel.
He was someone who had lived for over fifteen years in such a world.

"Human, what is going on?"
"I don't know why he is acting like this."

Hong and Raon looked toward Cale with concern, but Cale was not in the proper emotional state to respond to the children.

This was the first time.
This was the first time he was completely flabbergasted since coming to this world.

'Is it a coincidence?'

Was it a coincidence that the title and author of this first Dragon Slayer's record book and 'The Birth of a Hero' were the same?

Was something like that possible?

'...Are there such things as coincidences in this world?'

Cale did not have the luxury of thinking about anything else.
His hand moved past the barrier around the altar.

Cale grabbed the book as soon as his palm touched it.
His hand was quickly moving as if he was in a rush.

"Hu-"

Raon, who was starting to call out to Cale and moving toward him, stopped talking after seeing a hand in front of him. Choi Han made the children step back.
Bud was already leaning on a wall with his arms crossed and a stiff expression on his face.
There were no traces of being drunk visible on his face anymore.

Choi Han was standing next to Cale, who was looking around, with his hand on the hilt of his sword.
However, Cale had not noticed any of that.

"...It's real."

Cale touched the cover of the book with his finger.

He could see the title of, < The Birth of a Hero > and the author underneath it.

Nelan Barrow.

This was definitely the author of the book that Kim Rok Soo had been reading. Kim Rok Soo had found the author's name to be odd when he first started to read 'The Birth of a Hero.'

It was because it was rare to find an author who used an English name like this.
It was one thing if it was a fantasy novel that was translated from a foreign country, however, 'The Birth of a Hero' that Kim Rok Soo had borrowed was a Korean fantasy novel.
The main character might face a lot of adversities, but other than that, it was just a Korean high school student who traveled through dimensions, became a munchkin, and then the hero of the world.

'But why?'

Why were the authors for that fantasy novel and this first Dragon Slayer's record book the same?
Nelan Barrow should be the name of the first Dragon Slayer.

– You're right.

Cale flinched and his body started to shake.
A voice that had been quiet until now finally reappeared in his mind.

The Scary Giant Cobblestone.
His voice sounded slightly heavy.

– Sorry for responding so late when you kept calling for me.