Chapter 399 - Alright, this is the beginning (1)

– ...Overwhelming?

Bud asked back as he continued to stare at the flying monsters running away with urgency. He heard Cale's response at that moment.

"Yes. Our side is the best when it comes to magic. There's no need to think much about it."

Bud could see Eruhaben, Lord Sheritt, and Raon through the screen. He also thought about Rosalyn who was currently in the Roan Kingdom and his friend, Glenn Poeff.

He then thought about the four Alchemists' Towers and the mage on the White Star's side.
The Alchemists' Towers were actually black magic organizations and the White Star was putting together the Empire's black magic and regular magic forces to start this fight.

Even though that was the case...

'...It would be weird if we were pushed back.'

Magic.
Looking just at that one aspect...

– It would be weird if we were pushed back.

However...

– Wouldn't the White Star know that as well?

The White Star should know this fact as well, which was why there was a good chance that they had prepared something else to take over the Empire.

"For now."

Cale started to speak.

"The White Star should find it difficult to get involved in the Alchemists' Towers' business."
– ...Difficult?
"Ah, wrong choice of words. It's not difficult, but he has something more important to do."

Cale looked toward Choi Han.
Rosalyn was at the Roan Kingdom's capital waiting for Marquis Taylor Stan to finish the fake ancient text and preparing to trick the White Star up North.

Rosalyn was the one Cale trusted the most when it came to intellectual stuff.

"The White Star ran away while fighting against at the Castle of Light. It was completely different than when he ran away from the Mogoru Empire."

The White Star had been relaxed when he ran away from the Mogoru Empire.
But that was not the case this time.

"The White Star would think that it is most important to find the balance within his body right now."
– ...Isn't that why you were going to lay out the bait and scam him a month later?

Cale gave a short answer to Bud who seemed focused and not drinking for the first time in a while.

"We were planning on hitting the four Alchemists' Towers in two weeks as well."

Bud's eyes clouded over.
The original plan for Cale's side was to hit all four Alchemists' Towers two weeks later.
But that plan had to change.

The enemy forced them to change it.

"There's no reason we need to play along with the White Star's plan."
– We could chill because we had a lot of time, but things have changed.

Cale smiled at Bud's comment.
He was right.

Cale had planned things so that they didn't have to rush. But Cale did not have much time anymore.
Why?

The time between Fall and Winter.
The time when the world feels like it has gotten a bit colder.
That was when Kim Rok Soo was born.

The God of Death had said that he would need to decide on that day.

'Why does he get to pick the time as he pleases?'

He didn't care that the God of Death was a god.
He didn't care what decision he would need to make.
Cale was not planning on accepting this situation he didn't want at all.