5: Enigmatic Wish

"Sigils?!" Zud exclaimed, astonishment in his voice.

"I don't know... I guess I am? I thought I was dead..." Sigils said, his confusion evident.

"What am I doing in my bed?" Someone said from the next room, and it turned out to be Nico, who was scratching his head in confusion.

"Last time I remembered where I was, I was in the afterlife?! What's going on?" Biffle, who came out of his own room, asked.

SSundee, Zud, and Jerome hesitated, their faces clouded with uncertainty.

"Wait... where's Henwy?" Sigils asked, a flicker of worry in his eyes.

Zud stuttered. "Uh..."

"Where's Henwy?" Biffle asked, his concern growing.

"He's busy," Jerome said, his voice uneasy.

But the Regulars weren't convinced. "We need to ask Henwy what's going on. He's the highest-ranked assassin, so he knows," Biffle replied.

The three of them exchanged uneasy glances, knowing that they could no longer keep the truth hidden.

Jerome and Zud nudged SSundee, urging him to be the one to reveal the unsettling secret.

SSundee sighed, realizing they had no choice but to disclose the truth. "We didn't want to share this, but I guess we don't have a choice. You see, ever since your deaths, Henwy was never the same. He never ate anything unless we forced him to, he trained harder than ever, and stayed up late at night to figure out ways to bring you back."

"And that's where Garry found the serial killer's hideout and located it at Panhenge, and Mitzefy presented Henwy a book providing that information," Jerome added, his voice heavy with the weight of the revelation.

"He had a fight with the serial killer, and with us also distracting him, he dropped the crystal that allowed users to grant a wish they want, but there was a price to pay for granting that wish," Zud replied, his voice tinged with sadness.

"What price to pay?" Biffle asked, his mind racing to understand.

"Let me get this straight. So that gem allowed users to grant a wish, but there's a price to pay, right?" Nico recalled, receiving nods from Zud and Jerome.

"So if he paid the price, that means he had to sacrifice his own to save someone..." Biffle added, his eyes widening in realization.

"Which means Henwy is..." Sigils said, the words catching in his throat as he understood the heartbreaking truth.

Henwy is dead.