73: The Shadows' Deception

"Shit..." Henwy whispered. "They're back to consciousness," he added, watching as Corey and Karan awoke and realized they were back to their normal selves. Panic set in, especially when they heard the angry duo complaining to The Shadowcaster.

"They disguised as us to get knowledge about us!" Corey accused.

With a quick glance around, Henwy spotted an opening to the roof of the serial killer base. "Do you trust me?" he asked Sigils.

Though Sigils was usually wary, the urgency of the situation compelled him to trust Henwy. "Anything to get us outta here!"

Henwy swiftly employed a grapple hook, propelling them to the roof. "Don't look back, and keep running!" he instructed as they made their escape.

Throwing Sigils to the left, toward the assassin base, Henwy ensured their diversion. Landing on a roof, Sigils raced back to their base, wondering if they were in the clear.

Upon Sigils' return, exhausted and collapsing, Biffle offered to drag him back to the base. As Sigils caught his breath, he recounted every detail of their infiltration, deciphering the mysterious words.

"It meant that you have to chant that chant to the guitar that controls the room, and the ownership changes," Sigils explained.

"That's gonna be tough, because there's always someone holding it, right?" Mitzefy questioned.

"Exactly," Sigils replied, "only high-ranked assassins can change the ownership."

Suddenly, Jerome interrupted, "Wait, Sigils."

...

"Where's Henwy?"

...

...

...

"After 5 years..."

...

"We've got you captured after so long."