61: Assassin Training Arc

The special training began. It was called Assassin Training. Those who are ranked lower than the high ranks trained with them, one after the other.

High ranked assassins and leaders usually didn't train with anyone simply because they were too busy. In addition to providing security for large regions, the high ranked assassins and leaders had many other responsibilities, including gathering information on demons and training to further improve their own skills.

However after the attack at the Night Market, demon appearances stopped completely.

It was like the calm before a storm, but as a result, the assassins and leaders could do their security activities at night and focus on training during the day.

"That's what I've heard." Biffle said to Sigils, who was eager to learn about what he heard.

"That's amazing!" Sigils exclaimed.

Biffle didn't think so. "It's not amazing! It's awful! It's hell! Who would thought you such a thing? They should just di-" Biffle complained, but then Zud cuts him off.

"Sparring someone with someone ranked higher than you is a quick way to improvement!" Zud stated.

"When you face a stronger opponent, you absorb it and get stronger yourself!" GarryBlox added.

"Also Biffle, in the fight against the fight against that demon, when I could barely stand, I used a trick you taught me to cut off the demon's head! Of course I couldn't do it as fast as you, but I'm truly thankful." Sigils stated.

"Yeah, Biffle, that's how connections with other people help you get through tight spots." Ambrew agreed.

"So everything in you'll learn in Assassin Training will pay off for you in the future!" Mitzefy stated.

"I guess so..." Biffle murmured.

Assassin Training commenced with Loaf guiding the trainees through high-speed movements, followed by Slogo's lessons in navigating hellish obstacles. Wisp contributed insights into poison resistance, and the mid-test, orchestrated by Vice Assassin Leader Jerome, evaluated speed, dodge, and poison immunity.

Crainer took charge of hiding training, injecting a hint of entertainment. Jelly focused on escape tactics in tight surfaces, while Henwy and Kate orchestrated physical, flexibility, and balancing drills. The culmination arrived with a final test against the formidable assassin leader, SSundee, combining all aspects of the extensive training.

Sparring with assassins after another for hours on end should further improve the high ranked assassins' physical strength as well. If this raises the heart rate and body temperature, making it possible to manifest the mark, that would also be ideal.

Those who already have the mark train to maintain their mark condition. And immediately sharing what's been learned among all assassin members raises the overall strength of the assassins themselves, in preparation for the coming fight.

...

...

...

Except for one assassin.