8: The Divine Being

(There's an Easter egg hidden in here! 🥚)

The mysterious event had left the trio of SSundee, Kate, and Zud in a state of shock. Zud had been engulfed in an eerie, glowing aura, seemingly transported to another realm of existence, and their friend PatP had manifested before them, appearing calm and enigmatic.

"Zud, what the heck did you do?!" SSundee exclaimed, bewildered by the strange turn of events.

However, Zud remained silent, trapped in his otherworldly trance, a riddle they were yet to unravel. Kate, always quick to break the silence, turned her attention to PatP, the unexpected visitor who had materialized out of thin air.

"What are you doing here, Pat?!" Kate questioned, her curiosity piqued.

PatP regarded them with an unflinching, serene expression. He did not respond verbally but merely shook his head when asked if he had spontaneously materialized.

"Did you just spawn out of nowhere?" Kate probed further.

Once again, PatP refrained from speaking, instead nodding in acknowledgment.

"Did you people from the afterlife somehow give Biffle powers, and are you the one who gave him powers? WAIT- ARE YOU EVEN ALIVE?!" SSundee's questions came rapidly, reflecting his astonishment and concern.

This time, PatP remained silent for a moment before nodding his head in response.

Finally, PatP chose to address their inquiries, shedding light on the mysteries that surrounded him. "People from the afterlife can possess a living thing and even use their given powers in order to defeat someone. Like all living things, I change as I die. As I have changed into a dead soul, so have my abilities."

The trio struggled to comprehend the revelation. SSundee, his curiosity unabated, inquired further, "But I don't understand. How did you just... spawn?"

"When you say the code word 'd-e-m-i-u-r-g-e,' you spawn the divine being, who can be the only one to communicate to the living," PatP explained.

"Why'd you gotta spell it out?" Kate asked, her confusion evident.

"If we say that word, we despawn," PatP clarified, emphasizing the importance of secrecy.

"Can't we just spawn you again? By saying that word?" SSundee inquired, hoping to harness this newfound power.

PatP shook his head. "You're limited in spawning the divine being. If you spawn me more than once in 24 hours, we face glitches, headaches, difficulty to talk, etc."

Concern for their friend Henwy weighed heavily on their minds. SSundee couldn't help but ask, "Is Henwy doing okay?"

PatP's reaction was unexpected. "Wait, Henwy's dead?!"

"You didn't know he's dead?" Kate questioned, surprised by PatP's lack of knowledge.

"I'm not in charge of knowing who's dead, so I didn't know," PatP admitted.

Curiosity led SSundee to inquire about PatP's abilities. "What's your ability anyway?"

"I can communicate to the living as the dead," PatP replied, revealing the true extent of his powers.

As they continued to converse with PatP, his communication time dwindled, a reminder that this divine encounter was temporary. "My time has come, my time is running out," PatP announced, his tone somber.

Kate seized the opportunity to seek further interaction. "Can we talk more often if we say that word?"

PatP agreed, "Sure. But not so often, if that's possible."

With a final nod, PatP dematerialized, and Zud returned to consciousness, his bewildered expression fading as he reconnected with reality.

"W-What happened?" Zud asked, scratching his head in confusion.

SSundee and Kate recounted the extraordinary events they had just experienced, leaving Zud's eyes wide with amazement.

"That's what happened?!" Zud exclaimed. "So Pat's this 'divine being.' Now what? Do we tell the Regulars?" he asked, pondering the implications of their newfound knowledge.

The answer remained uncertain. "I don't know," SSundee replied, leaving them with more questions than answers.

Meanwhile, high above the clouds, golden gates opened for PatP, the divine being, as he made his way towards them. "Is Henwy here?" he inquired once more, eager to reunite with his departed friend.

...

...

...

A voice from beyond the gates responded, "Yes, he is."