15: The Unearthed Secrets

(There's an Easter egg hidden in here! 🥚)

Sigils carefully retrieved a chest and inquired, "Are you familiar with The Seven Trials of Westy the Worthy?"

"Obviously. Why?" Jerome responded.

As Sigils opened the chest, it revealed a scroll. "Well, first of all, these date back to before the founding of the Assassins and Serial Killers. Look at this," Sigils explained.

"The Divine Dead? That sounds promising," Jerome replied

"The Divine Dead? That sounds promising," Jerome replied. Sigils nodded.

"It belonged to a sorceress who was practically invincible. With the Divine Dead Book, she could communicate with the dead, even deceased celebrities," Sigils continued.

"Westy the Worthy knew the sorceress had to be stopped, and the Divine Dead Book destroyed, so she chased her across land and sea. But every time she got close, the sorceress would escape. But she kept finding her."

"What happened to the other side of the portal?" Jerome asked.

Sigils unscrolled the scroll, revealing a torn last page. "The last page is missing. Westy must've hidden it to keep anybody else from finding the Divine Dead!" Sigils exclaimed.

"I think I should be sleeping now. Maybe I can convince Madelyn to give us more time, now that I know what we're looking for," Jerome replied.

"The Divine Dead. I'll stay here and search the restricted section top to bottom until I find a way to figure out what the crew was discussing," Sigils declared.

As Jerome left the restricted library, he encountered an agitated SSundee leaning against the wall.

"You were researching again?" SSundee asked.

Jerome stuttered, but Madelyn intervened, "Just let them research, Ian, don't restrict them from researching."

SSundee attempted to protest, but Madelyn issued a threat, "No 'buts,' or you're sleeping on the couch."

SSundee reluctantly agreed, and Jerome continued researching in his own library.

Back in the restricted library, Sigils was engrossed in his search but had no leads. Frustrated, he exclaimed, "I've looked everywhere! Why can't I find the missing pages?! I'VE ALWYS BEEN GOOD TO YOU, LIBRARY!" Sigils groaned, and slammed his head on the table, accidentally knocking over the chest he retrieved earlier, which revealed a hidden piece of paper in a secret compartment.

"This is it! The last piece was in a secret compartment!" Sigils exclaimed. He read it and realized, "Westy the Worthy buried the book! This rock formation must be somewhere in the other city. But it doesn't say how to get it back."

Sigils found another clue, "'Perhaps if I had destroyed the book right away, some of my magic abilities could have returned. But when the sun sets by the third day after speaking to the dead, it is not applicable for you to talk to them anymore, unless you speak to the Guardians of the Afterlife.'"

Sigils rushed to find Jerome but learned he had left for a mission. He left a letter for Jerome to convey the new information.

Jerome found the letter upon his return, and, armed with this knowledge, he went to Panhenge. After digging next to all three rock formations, he uncovered the Divine Dead book.

"The Divine Dead. This is it," Jerome said in amazement.

Reading the book's contents, he was left in shock. Jerome realized he had to share this revelation with Sigils and the others. They gathered to hear the astounding news.

"Did you find the book?" Sigils asked.

"Are you dumb? He's holding it!" Kate exclaimed.

Sigils apologized and Mitzefy inquired, "Did you find something in the book?"

Jerome handed the book over, saying, "Read it yourself."

The three read the book and their eyes were widened with shock.

My Guardians of the Afterlife are wise and worthy people to be guardians. I chose the Guardian of Heaven to be Crainer, a funny but kind one, Slogo, the Guardian of Hell, he's a person who loves to bully and make fun of his friends sarcastically. And I'm an occasion that have to deal with problems, the Guardian of Heaven and Hell Jelly would help them to deal with the people's deceased souls. He also helps the Time Lord give them their good and bad percentage. Henwy on the other hand, is the Guardian of Time, or called Time Lord as well, he also gives the deceased their good and bad percentage by their deeds. He recruites the alive to change the future whenever it's it danger. And I, PatP, the Divine Being, promised my associates that I would value them being Guardians of the Afterlife.

"Crainer's the Guardian of Heaven..."

"Slogo's the Guardian of Hell..."

"Jelly's the Guardian of Heaven and Hell..."

"And Henwy's the Time Guardian?!"

"WHAT?!"