70: The Ruby of Radiance

(There's an Easter egg hidden in here! 🥚)

"So, what's the emergency? We just finished your training, and we now have a meeting?" Zud complained.

"I've been keeping this a secret from all of you. Except Jerome though." SSundee claimed.

"What are you keeping from us?" Zud asked.

"Nico," SSundee said, turning to Nico. "Do you remember seeing the doors move to a pluck of the string?"

"Yeah I did." Nico recalled. "Why?"

"The truth is, we have a core, and it actually allows us to do that exact same thing." SSundee explained.

"But since we don't have it and can't do that, and the serial killers can," Jerome added, unail Biffle completed his sentence, "That means they stole our core, and used it for themselves?"

"Correct. I forgot what it's called, though." SSundee replied. "Do you remember, Jerome?"

"Not that I can remember." Jerome replied.

"Isn't it the Ruby of Radiance?" Henwy asked.

"Right, that! How'd you know though?" SSundee asked.

"Uh... I've been in the assassins before either of you joined...?" Henwy said. "It's doesn't just do opening and closing doors or move rooms with a pluck of a string."

"What else does it do?" GarryBlox asked.

"It's able to turn people into stone, guard bases or expensive goods like museum quality surveillance, and the worst— it drains people's energy and colour." Henwy explained.

"What do you mean by energy and colour?" Sigils asked.

"If you lose your colour, you lose emotions, if you lose your energy, you'll forget how to fight. And if you lose both, you forget your memory." Henwy stated.

"That sounds horrible!" Kate commented.

"It's is. And once they chant a forbidden language, the Ruby of Radiance follows the owner, not following the original owner's rules." Henwy added.

"So you're saying even if that belongs to us, it won't listen to us?" Ambrew questioned.

"Correct. And if they could navigate the doors and rooms already, I'm suspecting the owner's have changed." Henwy replied.

"What do we do?" Mitzefy asked.

"I'm not sure, but I do have an enchanted book that apparently only special people could read." Henwy replied. "I don't understand the language, though."

Henwy takes out the enchanted book and flips to a specific page. "Wow, looks a lot like the Minecraft enchanted book." Jelly commented.

"I guess you could say that." Henwy replied. The language was written in random symbols, so none of them could read it. Except for one assassin.

⍀⏃⎅⟟⏃⋏⏁ ⍀⟟⌇⟒, ⏁⊑⟒ ⏁⟒⋔⌿⌰⟒ ⍜⎎ ⌇⏁⍜⋏⟒⊑⟒⋏☌⟒ ⌇⊑⏃⌰⌰ ⊑⟒⍀⟒⏚⊬ ⎅⟒☊⌰⏃⍀⟒ ⊬⍜⎍ ⏁⍜ ⏚⟒ ⋔⊬ ⌇⟒⍀⎐⏃⋏⏁ ⏃⋏⎅ ⋏⍜⏁ ⎎⏃⌰⌰ ⍜⋏ ⏃⋏⊬⏚⍜⎅⊬ ⟒⌰⌇⟒'⌇ ☊⍜⋔⋔⏃⋏⎅

"What kind of language is this?" Jerome asked.

"Radiant... rise, the Temple of Stonehenge shall hereby declare you to be my servant and not fall on anybody else's command?" Slogo read out.

"The temple of Stonehenge?! You can read that?!" Henwy exclaimed.

"Yeah, this language's in alien language. I learnt a little bit of alien and hacker language in psychology." Slogo replied.

⏁⊑⟒ ⍜⋏⌰⊬ ⍙⏃⊬ ⏁⍜ ☌⟒⏁ ⏁⊑⟒ ⍀⎍⏚⊬ ⍜⎎ ⍀⏃⎅⟟⏃⋏☊⟒ ⏁⍜ ⍀⟒☊⍜☌⋏⟟⌇⟒ ⟟⏁'⌇ ⍜⍀⟟☌⟟⋏⏃⌰ ⍜⍙⋏⟒⍀ ⟟⌇ ⏁⍜ ⋔⏃☍⟒ ⟟⏁ ⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️

"The only way to get the Ruby of Radiance to recognise it's original owner is to make it..." Slogo continued, but stopped.

"Make it what?" Zud asked, impatient.

"I-I don't know! It's scribbled it off!" Slogo replied.

"Would lapis make us figure out the last few words? Just like in Minecraft?" GarryBlox suggested.

"Are you stupid? That only works in Minecraft, not in real life." Sigils replied.

"Actually, I saw a table that looks similar to a Minecraft enchanting table in the serial killer's base. It has books around it, and those languages were coming out of the book." Nico replied.

"Do we give it a shot and steal the core back?"