19: Shapeshifted Memories

(There's an Easter egg hidden in here! 🥚)

Nico scanned the surroundings, "Where's this Dill guy?"

"Not sure, but we have to-" Sigils began before spotting the exact description of him.

"Found him. Invisibility potion," Sigils demanded. Nico handed him the potion, and Sigils turned invisible.

As Dill approached the base, Sigils pulled him back, using a kunai to stab him in the chest.

"Jeez, you're pretty weak for a serial killer," Sigils remarked as his invisibility faded.

Nico consulted Loaf in his head, "What do we do now?"

"Draw his blood. If you consume it, you'll turn into him. Collect as much as you can for a longer shapeshift," Loaf advised.

"Got it," Nico replied. Sigils added, "What now?"

"Loaf said to draw as much blood as possible for a longer shapeshift," Nico repeated.

"We don't have a syringe," Sigils replied.

"I'll get some, give me a sec," LoafX said from their head. A portal appeared, and Loaf dropped 10 syringes.

"Jeez! We said some, not 10!" Sigils exclaimed.

"You never know how much you need! Who knows it's exactly 10 syringes you need?" Loaf replied.

As they collected blood, Sigils exclaimed, "It took exactly 10 syringes!"

"Henwy taught me that," Loaf replied, recalling Henwy's expertise as a physician.

Henwy and PatP were the assassin physicians, helping their fellow assassins when sick or poisoned. In a critical moment, the team faced a poisoning crisis.

"We need help!" SSundee exclaimed.

"What happened?" PatP asked.

"The Regulars and Zud has been poisoned really bad." SSundee explained.

"How serious is it?" PatP asked.

"The serial killer with the name of Lawler shot a serum that cause them to be poisoned and if not treated within 10 hours, they die." SSundee stated.

"Oh my, that serious?" PatP replied. "I don't know if I can treat all four of them within 10 hours! How long has it been?"

"About 4 hours." SSundee sheepishly replied.

"6 hours left?! Oh no..." PatP replied, panicked.

"I'll handle it," Henwy declared, appearing with medical supplies. PatP nodded.

As they treated the poisoned assassins, Henwy's medical knowledge shone. "I'll treat Zud and Sigils, since they lost the most amount of blood. You treat Biffle and Nico, and ask Ambrew to assist you," Henwy instructed PatP.

LoafX assisted Henwy, and they faced a new challenge requiring a rare flower for a medicine.

"I'll send a message to Kate to find the flower. How does it look like?" SSundee offered.

"It's deciduous woody, twining vine that climbs upwards in a counter-clockwise direction; stems are slender, brown and densely hairy when young, becoming hairless with age." Henwy replied. "And if you're gonna ask how I learnt it..."

"It's because I researched it... hehe..." Henwy laughed nervously.

"Whatever. I'm sending the message to Kate now." SSundee replied.

2 hours has gone by, and Kate returns. "I came back with the flower you asked. I don't know which one, so I picked the two closest ones with the exact description." Kate replied.

"It's the one that hangs on trees, the one you're holding at your right." Loaf replies.

"Loaf, can you turn it into wisteria medicine?" Henwy asked.

"I can sure try." Loaf replied.

"Be quick, we've only got 4 hours left." Henwy replied.

"Pat, Ambrew, how's Biffle and Nico?" Henwy asked.

"Doing great! They're still unconscious, but they should be fine." PatP replied.

3 hours later, Loaf had converted the flower into medicine. "Took me a while, but I think I've done it!" Loaf replied.

"Well, judging from how it should look, it looks correct. You even added citrus juices in it?" Henwy asked.

LoafX admitted, "How'd you know I added citrus juices?"

"Judging from a book I read, it looks pretty cloudy due to citrusy, and it looked citrusy, so I assumed that." Henwy explained.

The medicine worked, saving Zud and Sigils.

As Zud and Sigils revived, they recalled their past ordeal. "You were poisoned, but Henwy and Loaf helped to remove the poison," Jerome explained.

"Since when did you learn medicine?" Sigils queried Henwy.

"My parents. They were doctors in the past, so..." Henwy replied.

"What about Biffle and Nico? They were poisoned too, right?" Zud asked.

"They're fine, I think. I don't know why they're not awake ye-" Henwy replied, but was cut off by a jumpscare from Biffle and Nico.

"BOO!"

"UWAH!" Henwy exclaimed.

Biffle and Nico chuckled. "Ha! We got you so good!" They replied.

"That's not funny! We thought you were dead!" Henwy chided.

"Whoops. We do need to laugh a little bit right?" Biffle said.

"It kinda hurts when we laughed, Biffle." Nico reminded.

"Oh yeah, you do need to take a rest, otherwise you'll still be weak." PatP added.

"WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO?!" Biffle exclaimed.

"Like you said, we do need to laugh a little bit, right?" PatP reminded.

Everyone laughed, and that was a memory everyone couldn't forget.

"Helloooooo? Earth to Sigils?" Nico interrupted Sigils's trip down memory lane.

"You zoned out. Are you okay?" Nico asked, concern in his voice.

"Yeah, just thought of something that happened before Henwy, Loaf, and Pat died," Sigils said, prompting Nico to recall, "You mean the time Zud, Biffle, you and I were poisoned?"

"Yeah, that one," Sigils confirmed, and Nico concluded, "Those are some good memories. Now come on, it's time to complete our mission."