67: Assassin Training Arc; Escape Training

(There's an Easter egg in here! 🥚)

"Hello, Sigils!" Jelly greeted with a grin.

"Hey, Jelly!" Sigils replied, curious.

"Ready for training?" Jelly asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What's the training?" Sigils inquired.

"It's an escape tactic scenario, just in case you get captured by serial killers," Jelly explained.

"Sounds simple enough," Sigils replied casually.

"Simple?!" Jelly exclaimed, offended. "I'll show you how serious entertainment training can be."

Sigils found himself pushed into a container, bewildered as Jelly attached a chain to his right hand.

"What is going on...?" Sigils questioned.

"This is your training. Survive," Jelly declared.

"Okay... That's it?" Sigils asked nonchalantly.

As Sigils pondered the apparent boredom of the training, he suddenly found himself locked in a cylinder container and couldn't get out. Jelly sat nearby, seemingly unfazed.

"Hey! Am I just going to stay here?!" Sigils shouted, pounding on the walls.

"That's your training! It's called escape training, remember?" Jelly hollered back.

"Escape? There's nothing to do here!" Sigils exclaimed, his voice distorted.

"Nothing? Let's make this harder!" Jelly challenged, pressing a button on a remote. Water began to rise in the container.

"Wait, am I supposed to escape before the water fully rises? Crap!" Sigils realized.

To make matters worse, Jelly introduced fish into the mix. Sigils, feeling trapped, asked for forgiveness.

"Fine. Apology accepted. But you still gotta escape," Jelly replied with a smirk.

With the water rising faster, Sigils desperately searched for a way out. Finding broken items submerged, he decided to sink into the water. After a tense search, he found a broken vase piece, a stick, tape, and a rock.

What am I supposed to do with this? Sigils pondered.

Realizing these items could help him escape, Sigils fashioned a makeshift key. Despite initial struggles, he managed to break the lock, allowing him to float and strategize further.

"There has to be more things to do. Like the broken piece of vase, tape, and rock..." Sigils thought.

Crafting an improvised axe, Sigils finally broke free, gasping for air as water and fake fish spilled out.

"Hey! You broke out!" Jelly exclaimed, impressed.

"Yeah, I did! What's gonna happen to the fish, though...?" Sigils worried.

"Have you looked closely to see if they're actually fish?" Jelly teased.

Touching one, Sigils realized they were just toy fish. "Wow, these fish look so real. Where'd you get them?" he asked, impressed.

"Amazon. Only 7 bucks for a pack," Jelly replied with a grin. (Not sponsored-)

"Congratulations, you've passed. On to the next training, and just a warning, it's a joint training," Jelly warned.

With two more challenges ahead, Sigils wondered, "How hard could it be?"