16: Disclosing the Enigma

"Crainer's the Guardian of Heaven..."

"Slogo's the Guardian of Hell..."

"Jelly's the Guardian of Heaven and Hell..."

"And Henwy's the Time Guardian?!"

"WHAT?!"

"That can't be real!" Sigils exclaimed.

They read the book again,

My Guardians of the Afterlife are wise and worthy people to be guardians. I chose the Guardian of Heaven to be Crainer, a funny but kind one, Slogo, the Guardian of Hell, he's a person who loves to bully and make fun of his friends sarcastically. And I'm an occasion that have to deal with problems, the Guardian of Heaven and Hell Jelly would help them to deal with the people's deceased souls. He also helps the Time Lord give them their good and bad percentage. Henwy on the other hand, is the Guardian of Time, or called Time Lord as well, he also gives the deceased their good and bad percentage by their deeds. He recruites the alive to change the future whenever it's it danger. And I, PatP, the Divine Being, promised my associates that I would value them being Guardians of the Afterlife.

"That can't be true! They're Guardians of the Afterlife? But who are they?" Sigils exclaimed.

"Maybe they were former assassins? I'll go get the book which had the last batch of assassins." Kate replied, and went to grab the book from Zud.

Kate walks up to Zud, and requests for the book he gave SSundee, and that made him confused.

"Why do you need the book?" Zud asked.

"I'm just curious." Kate replied.

"Okay..." Zud said, dragging the 'k'.

Zud passes the book to Kate and Kate thanks Zud for the book.

Kate walks back to the crew and passes them the book.

"Yes they are former assassins! I was right!" Kate replied

"But what was shocking is that Henwy's the Time Guardian?! Out of all people, him?!" Jerome replied.

"That's what Ian and the others must be talking about!" Mitzefy exclaimed.

"But why must they keep it a secret?" Sigils thought aloud.

"Maybe to protect the secret identities of the Guardians." Kate replied.

"We have to confront them, to know the truth." Jerome replied.

"I'll be the one who does it. I'll force them to tell me everything they know." Sigils replied.

"Sigils, you do know if you're gonna battle SSundee, he's the leader of the assassins. He's stronger than you." Mitzefy warned.

"That's not gonna stop me. If he kills me, I can meet the Guardians myself." Sigils declared.

Jerome and Mitzefy tried to stop Sigils, but Kate grabs their shoulders, and said, "Just let him be. He knows what's he doing."

The two kept their cool and let Sigils be.

Sigils walked up to SSundee, who was talking with GarryBlox, Biffle, Ambrew and Nico.

"Oh hey Sigils! What's up?" Biffle asked, acting innocent.

"You're keeping something from me." Sigils replied.

"What are you talking about?" GarryBlox asked.

"Stop pretending! You know the true identities of the Guardians of the Afterlife!" Sigils exclaimed, and Biffle, Ambrew and GarryBlox tried denying it, but couldn't as shocked faces etched on SSundee and Nico.

"Do we tell him?" Nico whispered to SSundee. SSundee nods.

"Do you know their identities?" SSundee asked.

"Well yes, Jerome, Kate, Mitzefy and I know their identities, after finding a book that reveals their identities." Sigils replied.

"There's a book that reveals their identities?" Biffle exclaimed.

"Yes. In fact it's called the Divine Dead, and it was dug near the rock formations in Panhenge." Sigils replied.

"How'd you know where it was anyway?" Ambrew asked.

"A scroll I found in your restricted librar- I mean-" Sigils began but paused when he said SSundee's restricted library, and SSundee raised his eyebrow. "Did you research again?" SSundee asked.

"Remember your wife's word?" Sigils reminded.

"What word?" SSundee said, acting confused.

Sigils gave SSundee the side eye and SSundee gulped, dismissing his question.

"The Guardians of the Afterlife are assassins in the past, am I right?" Sigils asked.

The crew nodded, and Sigils continued, "Can I expose the Guardians of the Afterlife?"

The crew looked at SSundee, waiting for an answer. SSundee sighed and responded,

"I mean, we don't have a choice." SSundee replied.

"Or why don't you read the Divine Dead? It'll say who the Guardians of the Afterlife are." Sigils suggested.

"Great idea." Biffle replied.

Sigils took out the Divine Dead, and showed them the book.

"Crainer's the Guardian of Heaven..." Biffle replied.

"Slogo's the Guardian of Hell..." Ambrew replied.

"Jelly's the Guardian of Heaven and Hell..." GarryBlox replied.

"And Henwy's the Time Guardian?!" Nico exclaimed.

"That's a crazy discovery!" Ambrew exclaimed.

"So, everyone knows who they are? Like everyone in the assassin crew?" Ambrew replied.

Everyone went silent for no reason until SSundee spoke,

"But we have to be careful— Serial killers do know some of their identities too."