48: Night Market Arc; Dance of the Demons

As the demon descended, Sigils slashed at its feet but missed, quickly ducking down to evade the deadly claws. With urgency in his voice, Sigils pleaded with Kate and Nico to stay alive, a desperate plea echoing through the chaos.

"I'm sorry, guys! I'm not helping, but please just survive and don't die!" Sigils exclaimed, his concern palpable.

"Would you shut up about asking them to stay alive?! They need to die!" Charon yelled, the demons reveling in the chaos they caused.

Meanwhile, Acheron approached the seemingly unconscious Nico, only to witness him continuing to repeat his sutra. Suspicion etched on Acheron's face, he demanded, "Who the hell are you?" The assassin, unwavering, responded, "The name of the man who will kill you is Nicolas Valderrama!"

Sigils couldn't help but roll his eyes at Nico's bravado. "There he goes... boasting again..." he thought, his mind racing with strategies.

Intent on utilizing the demon's momentum to reach Kate and Nico, Sigils dashed toward the building, luring the joyous demon after him. As the demon swooped down with claws ready, Sigils ducked and lunged at the creature, piercing its leg and mouth with his sword. Despite the demon retaliating with claw strikes to Sigils's back, the assassin fought through the pain, realizing the demon's light body was crucial for flight.

"Ow, it hurts," Sigils groaned, feeling the strain.

Using his blade to steer, he guided himself back to the building, crashing through the wall with the demon in tow. Inside, he found Kate, shocked by Birsha's presence, surprised to see both Typhon and Charon defeated. The demon of anger summoned a new staff, aiming to stab Sigils, who dodged the blow and intercepted the weapon with Charon's severed foot. To Birsha's astonishment, Sigils remained unaffected by the electricity due to the shared cells, preventing conduction.

"Oooh... pretty cool. I'm immune to electricity?" Sigils marveled at his newfound resistance.

Slashing the demon's tongue, Sigils moved to Kate, realizing that injuring their tongues slowed down their regeneration. Using Charon's foot, he pulled the staff from Kate's neck. Birsha, enraged, attempted to stab Sigils in the neck, only for Kate to intervene, stopping the weapon. With her unique swordsmanship skills, Kate engaged Birsha, further infuriating him. Suddenly, Typhon returned, leaping high above the building, casting a powerful downburst that pinned the two assassins to the floor.

The floor gave way, and they plummeted to the ground below, unconscious. Above, Birsha, Typhon, and Charon looked on, resolved to continue the fight. In the Night Market, a dire warning announced incoming enemy attacks as fish demons emerged, launching an assault.

Makeshift weapons in hand, swordsmiths and villagers struggled to defend themselves and the village. The atmosphere was tense and chaotic. Amidst the turmoil, a figure emerged running in the Night Market, donning an assassin uniform, a yellow cloak, and wielding a samurai sword.

"Alright, Night Market..."

...

...

...

"Crainer's here to save the day!"

Crainer entered the fray, his arrival injecting a glimmer of hope into the desperate situation.