76: Assassin's Gambit

"Ugh... what are we gonna do? Henwy's not here. It's kinda..." Sigils replied, but Biffle interrupted. "Fun without him?"

Nico slaps Biffle. "Ow!" Biffle groaned.

Suddenly, a knock echoed through the room. Being lazy, Sigils urged Nico to answer it. "Can you get it, Nico?" Sigils asked.

"Fine." Nico replied.

He opened the door, revealing Tubbo. Aware of Jerome rejecting him as an assassin, Tubbo, now a serial killer, faced Nico's shotgun. "Woah! Easy there, bud!" Tubbo exclaimed.

"Easy?! You kidnapped my friend!" Nico reminded.

"What's going on?" Biffle and Sigils asked, exiting their room. They saw Tubbo, and Biffle took out his foldable bazooka, while Sigils unsheathed his samurai sword, both aiming at Tubbo.

"What's with you guys?" Tubbo asked. "Jeez, Henwy was right, they are the most serious assassins..." he whispered to himself.

"Where's Henwy? Are you here to ask for a deal?" Sigils inquired.

"Actually, no. I want to help you," Tubbo stated.

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, I wanted to be an assassin along with Wilbur, but well, we weren't accepted. We had to join the serial killers because they just accepted anybody who signed up," Tubbo explained.

"Pffft. No wonder why they're so weak." Biffle snickered.

"I asked him to write you a letter, and here it is," Tubbo replied, passing them a letter. They read it.

Dear assassins, I'm being held against my will by serial killers. Come to the serial killer base at once and bring our assassins. Love, Henwy.

"This sounds set up!" Nico exclaimed, aiming the weapon at Tubbo again. "Easy there, bud! I've got evidence here!" Tubbo reassured. "I won't tell you until you lower your weapon and listen!"

The Regulars looked at each other, wondering if they should trust him. Sigils sighed and replied, "We're listening."

Tubbo called Wilbur, and he answered, showing the screen where Henwy was held captive. They heaved a sigh of relief that he was alive.

"Guys?" Henwy asked. "I can't believe it!"

"We're gonna get you outta here, we promise!" Biffle reassured.

"You can't! You need the entire harmony of every assassin here to break me out! It's gonna be impossible!" Henwy replied.

"Nothing is impossible! You said that!" Sigils exclaimed.

"Well, I generally think-" Henwy said, but was cut off by Wilbur. "Silence! The Shadowcaster's back!"

"Listen here, friends, I'll put the phone somewhere invisible so you can see what's happening," Wilbur replied.

"You got it!" Tubbo replied.

The Shadowcaster walked in, surprised to see Wilbur alone.

"Where's Tubbo, Wilbur?" The Shadowcaster asked.

"He went to get some food from the village," Wilbur lied.

"Fair enough. Ready to hear the news?" The Shadowcaster asked.

"Yes, sir!" Wilbur replied.

"The serial killers and I have discussed where the other high-ranked assassins are. Apparently, there was only two, including him, but now they declared another assassin high ranked," The Shadowcaster explained.

"Luckily, we caught another high-ranked assassin," The Shadowcaster replied. "Bring her in!"

Gold and Karan held someone familiar—Kate.

"Let me go, you psychos!" She exclaimed, and she got thrown into the cage with Henwy.

"Kate?! What are you doing here?" Henwy asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing!" Kate exclaimed.

"They've got Kate too?!" Biffle whisper-shouted.

"Now I want you both to tell me who's that last assassin who's high ranked," The Shadowcaster asked.

"Never in a million years!" Kate exclaimed.

"One last chance," Gold replied.

"NEVER!" Henwy shouted.

"Do it," Karan demanded Wilbur, and he sighed. He tried to reason with them, but they didn't want to hear anything. Sighing again, he pulled the lever, draining their talent, making them groan.

"Guys!" Sigils exclaimed, and covered his mouth after realizing he yelled. "Who said that?!"

"Serial killers, go and search where that voice came from!" The Shadowcaster demanded.

"Too bad they don't know it was just a voice call." Tubbo whispered.

As the serial killers searched, Wilbur walked up to the phone he hid and said he had to end the call to prevent suspicion.

"We've got to save them!" Sigils demanded.

"No, Sigils," Biffle replied.

"They're captured! We can't just sit there and do nothing!" Sigils exclaimed.

"We can do rescuing later. Right now..."

...

"You're in danger, Sigils."