12: Revelations and Resurrection

(There's an Easter egg hidden in here! 🥚)

Biffle's eyes bore into GarryBlox, his frustration evident as he questioned, "So you knew. Why didn't you tell us?"

GarryBlox, shoulders tense, replied, "Like the Time Lord said, it'll put lives in danger."

Perplexed, Biffle retorted, "Do you not know who the Time Lord is?"

SSundee chimed in, "No...? We only know Loaf is his assistant; I don't know his identity."

Curiosity piqued, GarryBlox asked, "Did you meet the Time Lord?"

Biffle leaned in, sharing a secret that would shatter their perceptions, "Yes, I did. He assigned me to change the future to prevent Ambrew from dying. Ambrew was confused, but when I explained it to him, he promised he'd not tell anyone."

Intrigued, Biffle added, "By the way... the Time Guardian's Henwy."

SSundee's eyes widened in shock, and GarryBlox exclaimed, "WHAT?!"

"I don't understand why, but I guess he is. How long did you know about them?" Biffle inquired.

GarryBlox hesitated before confessing, "Um... probably last week."

Biffle raised an eyebrow, a hint of understanding in his gaze, "Last week? That's shorter than I thought."

"I can't believe it. Henwy's the Time Lord? How? I mean, I only knew the other Guardians of the After-" GarryBlox said in disbelief, but SSundee kicked his ankle, signaling him to shut up. GarryBlox quickly replied, "I mean... we knew Guardians that aren't the Guardians of the Afterlife..."

Biffle sensed that something was being hidden and probed further. SSundee sighed, realizing the truth had to come out. "Fine, we knew who the Guardians of the Afterlife were, but we didn't know Pat and Henwy earlier. Now that you've told us, we know all of them."

Just when it seemed like all their secrets were unraveling, Ambrew entered the room. "There's a secret you guys are still hiding," he declared.

Surprised, GarryBlox began, "How did you-" but Ambrew cut him off, "Eavesdropping. Besides, I already knew about Henwy being the Time Lord."

Reluctantly, SSundee revealed, "Ugh, fine. We know their identities. They were all former assassins as well."

Ambrew inquired, "Who is it anyway?"

Biffle wisely intervened, "I think it's best not to say their identities, as it might put lives in danger."

Ambrew concurred and dismissed his question.

Curiosity lingered as Biffle asked, "How did you meet anyway?"

SSundee shared a story that few had ever heard, "The truth is, we died once. But the guardians brought us back to life as they couldn't lose more assassins."

Ambrew's shock was palpable, "You've died once?!"

"Yes, and the strange thing is, we knew they were former assassins." GarryBlox confirmed.

GarryBlox dug deeper into their history, asking, "But what batch were they?"

SSundee decided to seek answers, saying, "I'll go and get some information from Zud and Kate. They were still researching."

As SSundee left the room, he found Zud and Kate deeply immersed in their research. "Do we have any information?" he inquired. Kate shook her head, but Zud nodded vigorously.

Zud began, "The former assassins that were active from 2015-2020 were all deceased by serial killers, and that batch did the worst, as no serial killers in that batch were harmed, until 2021-present, that's where we were the ones who eliminated most of them."

Eager for more insights, SSundee asked, "Is there any more information?"

Excitedly, Zud revealed, "Yes, in fact, this was a book I found in Loaf's library, called the Assassin's History, and the book had all the former assassins. Check this out."

SSundee groaned at their penchant for snooping but examined the information

SSundee groaned at their penchant for snooping but examined the information. "So these people were former assassins, I see."

As the pieces of the puzzle came together, questions loomed large. SSundee pondered, Well, I do know all of them, but I have not spoken to many of them before... And they were assassins, but...

They were that weak?