6: The Unusual Power

"Please... tell me you're joking, Ian," Sigils pleaded, his voice tinged with desperation, though he knew deep down that SSundee's somber expression held no jest.

"Why did he do that?! He knows he has a life to live!" Biffle questioned, his frustration mirroring Sigils's.

"Well, he was willing to do it..." Jerome added, his voice faltering.

Sigils cut him off, exclaiming, "I can't believe it! WHY?!"

The room fell silent as the gravity of the situation weighed upon them, and they all sighed deeply. "These are things we can't keep forever. He asked for it, so he did it," Jerome said sadly.

"He's right, Sigils," Nico confirmed.

"If we want to bring Henwy back, we had to sacrifice ours, and the cycle may continue if we keep doing this," Biffle added.

"That's a great point," Nico agreed.

Sigils sighed, accepting the grim reality. "I guess you're right..."

"You have to keep on living and defeat all serial killers; that's our main goal. The assassins that were killed or sacrificed can be at peace when all serial killers are defeated," SSundee stated.

The Regulars had no choice but to carry on. Just like Henwy, when the Regulars were gone, they trained harder than ever, their resolve undeterred.

One day, they received a call for a mission because a serial killer named Ranger was lurking nearby. As the Regulars arrived, they spotted Ranger, who had been ordered to eliminate them at any cost.

"Bring it on, brocoli!" Biffle exclaimed, showing his usual audacity.

Nico and Sigils exchanged glances. "Brocoli?" Ranger asked in bewilderment.

Sigils sighed and smacked his head. Typical Biffle...

An intense battle ensued, and amidst the chaos, Biffle suddenly began to float. Ranger couldn't believe his eyes. "What the heck?! What kind of power do you even have?"

Nico and Sigils watched Biffle closely, realizing something extraordinary was happening. Biffle's eyes glowed white as he chanted mysterious words, something about assassins. Then he shouted, "DEMIURGE!" Ranger screamed and disintegrated into thin air.

Biffle was knocked out but soon regained consciousness. "Oh hey guys, what happened? Did we defeat the serial killer?" he asked innocently.

Sigils and Nico exchanged shocked and confused glances. "We should be the ones asking you instead!"

Biffle was baffled. "Me? What did I do? Did I get another migraine?"

"You don't know what you did?!" Sigils asked, exasperated.

"No...? I don't know what you're talking about..." Biffle murmured.

"You somehow went Super Saiyan, started floating, your eyes glowed, and just like Thandee, you snapped your fingers, and the serial killer disintegrated!" Sigils explained.

"What?! I did that? There's no way I have that kind of power!" Biffle remarked, still in disbelief.

"What the heck is going on?" Nico wondered aloud.

"Maybe Ian knows about this?" Biffle suggested.

They returned to the base and explained everything to SSundee, who couldn't believe his eyes. "Biffle did that? I didn't know that was possible!"

"Do you know anything about this?" Sigils asked.

"No, not at all. It sounds unlikely that Biffle would suddenly gain powers," SSundee replied.

The Regulars decided to hit the library for research, but days passed without them uncovering the truth. "This doesn't make any sense! The library isn't even helping!" Nico groaned in frustration, tossing a book onto a growing pile.

The pile of books toppled, revealing Biffle, who had been napping in the midst of their research chaos. "I'M AWAKE, I'M AWAKE!" Biffle exclaimed. "Did we find anything?" he asked.

"Sigils, we should stop researching. We've been at it for days. Maybe we should take a break. Another day or two won't make a difference," Jerome suggested, offering some much-needed respite.

"Two days?! I don't want to miss two seconds!" Sigils exclaimed.

"There has to be something about this, I know it!"