25: Guardians' Bond

(There's 2 Easter eggs hidden in here! 🥚)

"Henwy? Why are you doing here? And how did you get here?" Nico asked.

"Long story short, Pat figured out he could summon other guardians to the real world, so here I am!" Henwy explained.

"That doesn't explain anything." Sigils joked.

"Oh, and Loaf too, but I don't know where he went." Henwy added.

"Where is he anyway?" Biffle asked.

Just then, they heard a loud thud coming out of Sigils's cupboard.

"W-What was that?!" Jerome stuttered.

"It's probably Loaf. Stuck in a cupboard..." Henwy sighed, opening the cupboard, and Loaf falls out of the cupboard. "Uwah!" Loaf shrieked, landing on the floor with a thud.

"That's the third time you've been stuck in a cupboard!" Henwy chided, And Loaf quickly apologises. "I'm sorry! Not my fault, I still need to learn how to teleport properly..." Loaf replied, groaning.

"What brings you here anyways? Why not go touch some grass?" Jerome asked.

"Oh, us guardians can't go in the sun, so we stay indoors." Loaf replied, getting up.

"I see. Anyways, wanna see us practice?" Nico asked.

"Sure! I've missed out so much, I can't wait to see what y'all have been doing." Henwy replied.

As Nico, Biffle, Jerome and Sigils left, Sigils saw Loaf feeling a little uneasy. Excusing himself, he said, "Hey, you guys go ahead, I wanna stay in my room for a little while longer." Sigils said. "Oh, okay, then! Catch you later!" Biffle replied, leaving with Nico, Jerome and Henwy.

"Are you alright Loaf, what seems to be bothering you?" Sigils asked, concerned. "Is anything happening in the afterlife?"

"No, nothings happening in the afterlife, it's all fine. It's just... I'm thinking that if I was reborn or reincarnated, I'd probably deserve to be back in the afterlife." Loaf pondered aloud.

"Why is that?" Sigils asked.

I-I hate myself more than anyone else." Loaf began. "I always try to get my act together but I just end up running away or end up cowering in fear. I'm..."

"...pathetic." He cried, and walked out of the room, and before he could even walk out, Sigils stopped him.

"You aren't pathetic. You have to realise this." Sigils replied, his hand on his chest, expressing his concern.

"Face it. Even when I'm reborn in the future, I'm gonna be alone forever." Loaf criticised, and he starts to shed silver tears.

"Hey hey hey, don't cry, soon one day, you'll realise you are worth it in someway, it takes a little time." Sigils confronted, leaning on the wall next to Loaf, who was leaning against the wall.

"I'm here, I'll be with you, I'm not going anywhere." Sigils said, sitting next to him, patting his back. Loaf wiped away his tears, and replied with gratefulness, "I'm really glad you're here, Sigils."

"Now come on, let's go meet up with the gang." Sigils replied, standing up, and offering a hand. Loaf nodded and used Sigils's offered hand to stand up.

As they walked up off the room, they see Henwy overpowering all of them.

"Jeez, Henwy! Why are you so strong, even when you're dead?!" Jerome exclaimed, groaning.

"I'm just dodging your moves, how is that defeating you?" Henwy asked, innocently.

"DON'T LIE!" Biffle hissed, jumping onto Henwy, and he dodges, and Biffle collides into Nico with a thud. "OW!" Nico exclaimed.

"You see what I mean now?!" Jerome asked Henwy, and Henwy shakes his head while smiling.

Sigils and Loaf's chuckles attracted the three who were defeated. "What are you doing?" Loaf asked, still chuckling.

"Trying to beat Henwy! He's just, too fast!" Nico complained.

"I'm already at normal speed. You're just..." Henwy began, but Sigils ends his sentence. "...too slow." He said, finger pointing at the by three.

"See? Even Sigils knows you're too slow." Henwy replied. "What about we 3v2? Sigils and Loaf were probably learning a little bit of moves when we left to train." Biffle suggested.

"Actually, Loaf and I weren't training." Sigils replied.

"You weren't? That what were you doing?" Nico asked.

"Loaf felt a little uneasy and spilled his concerns that if he was reborn or either reincarnated, he'd think he's pathetic, and hated himself. But I confronted him, and he feels better now. Maybe let's see if he's powerful then all three of you combined." Sigils explained and suggested, and the four looked at each other, and Jerome replied, "a 3v1 sounds tough, but I'm down."

"Me too." Biffle replied cheerfully.

"Wa waa waaa." Nico said.

"We'll take Nico's random sounds as a yes." Henwy replied. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"Ready!" Biffle, Nico and Jerome replied.

"Ready..." Loaf replied, a little confident.

"Ready when you are, Sigils!" Henwy replied, passing on to Sigils.

"GO!" Sigils exclaimed.

The three assassins and the guardian went into a fight, where Loaf dodge every single attack and wiped the hell out of them.

"Did I win?" Loaf asked.

"Y-You sure did..." Biffle replied, giving a weak thumbs up before his hand collapsed to the ground.

"I told you, you aren't pathetic." Sigils replied.

Loaf smiled weakly, and laughed. "Now that's the Aiden I know." Henwy said, putting his hand on Loaf's shoulder.