It's not him

I waited there until Ron returned. When he came back, he quickly got up and walked away.

"Ron, wait!"

"Sorry, Poodle. I need to go. I'm in a hurry. Head back to your house. It's not him."

"So who..." Ron didn't wait for me to finish, descending from the building and disappearing into the crowd. Following his advice, I headed straight home.

Upon my arrival, Cesar greeted me, looking concerned.

"Ron called and told me what happened. He said it's a long story, but the main thing is that it's not him. I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now."

"Did he mention who that man was?"

"No, just that we'll find out soon."

That night, I woke up in the middle of the night and went to bed next to Cesar. He woke up, trying to understand. So I hugged him, and he hugged me back. I was relieved that he grasped my sadness and allowed me to stay in his embrace once again.

The next day, I woke up before him and went to get ready for work. In the kitchen, when I went for coffee, he was already there, looking serious.

"Good morning!" I greeted as soon as I saw him. "I'm sorry about the break-in last night. I kinda needed a hug."

"No problem," he said, head down, sipping his coffee.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I just... go to your work. You better not be late again."