Check-in

Days later, Vince unexpectedly showed up, seemingly determined to spend the day with me. We were chatting on the couch when I sensed the arrival of unwanted guests.

"Oh no," I muttered.

"What's wrong?" Vince inquired.

"Stay cool," I urged.

"Why? What's going on?" he pressed.

Just then, we heard two knocks on the door, followed by the entrance of the unwelcome visitors.

"Hellooo," greeted Ron.

"Hi, Ron! Come on in," I said, anticipating that Cesar would be right behind him.

"Send this guy away; we need to talk," Cesar demanded as he entered.

"What's going on?" Vince asked, clearly confused.

"Remember what I asked you," I reminded him.

"Look, if you don't mind, we need to interrupt your... appointment," Cesar interjected, ignoring Ron's disapproving look.

"What appointment?" Vince questioned, his tone growing more concerned.

"This one. Are you coming or going?" Cesar insisted, causing me to protest.

"Cesar!" I exclaimed.

"Do you think this is a..." 

Cesar started before Vince cut in defensively.

"Yes, I mean... right?" 

Vince looked at me for confirmation.

"No! She's with me!" 

"Really? So you don't you pay her to be with you?" Cesar taunted, hitting a nerve.

"Cesar!!!" I shouted, my frustration mounting.

"Of course not! What's wrong with you?" Vince defended.

"In that case, I must inform you that she's cheating on you," Cesar declared, dropping a bombshell.

"What?" I gasped, shocked by the accusation.

"Don't listen to him," Ron intervened, trying to diffuse the tension.

"With your hairy friend, Victor," Cesar clarified, further complicating the situation.

"Victor? But that was before..." Vince trailed off, attempting to make sense of the revelation.

"Here. I can prove it," Cesar added, seemingly eager to stir up more trouble.

Vince turned to me, seeking clarification. Without another word, he abruptly gathered his things.

"You know what, I've had enough of this. I'm out!" Vince declared angrily.

"Vince!" I tried to stop him, but he cut me off.

"Fuck you and fuck all of this! Do whatever you want! I don't care anymore," he shouted before storming out.

I seethed with anger towards Cesar but struggled to choose my next words carefully. Eventually, I couldn't contain myself.

"You're an idiot," I spat at Cesar.

"Wait a minute..." he attempted to interject, but I continued my tirade.

"You're a complete imbecile! You kicked me out of my own place in the desert..."

"I didn't kick you out," Cesar tried to defend himself.

"...And now you're haunting me here like a ghost!" I shouted, feeling my anger boiling over. "What do you want?" I demanded, losing control of my emotions.

"Lower your voice," Cesar ordered, attempting to regain control of the situation.

"Fuck you, lower your voice! Fuck you!" I yelled back defiantly.

"Calm down!" Cesar refused to back down.

I stood up from the couch, ready to confront him physically, but just as I was about to act, Vince returned unexpectedly.

"I changed my mind, sorry," Vince said, taking my hand and pulling me away.

On the way out, he even grabbed my bag from next to the table.

He hurriedly led me to his car, leaving Cesar and Ron watching from the window of my apartment.

"Thank you..." I began to express my gratitude, but Vince interrupted.

"Not a word," he said, focusing on maneuvering the car. "I realized I couldn't just leave you there."

I assumed we were heading to his place, but Vince took a different turn. Suddenly, we pulled into a valet parking lot, and he got out of the car. Unsure of what was happening, I followed suit.

As he spoke to a young man nearby, I overheard him say, "This will only take a second. I'll be back in a moment."

Without waiting for me, Vince entered the hotel. He went straight to the counter, and though I wanted to approach, he gestured for me to stay put.

Feeling bewildered, I sat down in one of the armchairs in the bustling reception area. Some time later, Vince returned with a card.

"Here you go," he handed me the card.

"What's this?" I asked, puzzled.

"Room 41. Find a charger for your cell phone somewhere. We'll keep in touch," Vince explained before hurrying away.

Feeling a mix of emotions, I made my way to the room. Once inside, I saw that Vince had already sent me a message.

"Free pass on room service. You can order whatever you like."