The priest is not going to like this...

I was preparing some tea for Ron while he kept watch over Cesar in the room.

"How are you taking care of him? Are you doing anything besides cleaning and pampering him?" Ron inquired.

"Yes, we're feeding him... wait... I'll be right there," I replied, fetching the tea before sitting down across from him. "We are pouring blood over his throat daily."

"We?" Ron looked surprised.

"Yes, the vampires and I. They've been immensely helpful. Please don't tell me you have an aversion to them as well..."

"Not me, but Cesar is truly repulsed," Ron interjected.

"I understand, but right now, their assistance is crucial. Please, let us just proceed with our methods. It's proving to be effective."

"What blood are you using?" Ron asked curiously.

"Mine, only mine. Each night, they make a small incision in my neck and hold me until the last drop reaches Cesar's wound."

"Okay, but now that I'm here, maybe I could help with that," Ron suggested.

"Oh no, Ron, thank you, but no. They're experts in this field and know how to make the entire process painless."

"You're right. Don't worry, I won't interfere with your process. But I do wonder how Cesar will react when he learns he was saved by vampires. Do you plan to tell him?"

"Yes, eventually. But let's not dwell on that now."

Suddenly, we heard a muffled noise inside the house. Ron tensed up, but I signaled for him to stay seated.

"It's alright, boys, you can come in," I called out.

They entered cautiously, their expressions guarded.

"Come in... This is Ron," I introduced.

"Yes, mother, we're familiar with him," they responded.

"You are?"

"He aided in your rescue."

Despite this acknowledgment, there was still an air of discomfort between them.

"What's the matter?" I inquired, but Ron spoke up first.

"They're with Les."

"I know," I replied, surprising him. "It was Les who helped me contact them."

"Wait..." Ron seemed taken aback, needing a moment to process this revelation.

"He doesn't trust us, Mother," they added.

"Yes, he's quite wary of us."

"Let's not think of it now," I intervened. "Ron?" I redirected his attention. "Can we discuss this tomorrow?"

"Alright," he agreed after a moment of hesitation. "For now, you need to proceed with your ritual, or whatever you call it."

"Yes, please. Make yourself at home. I usually black out and only wake up in the morning. Sleep wherever you want; you're at home."

After Ron left the room, Miguel joined me and closed the door behind him.

"You seem to only attract grumpy friends, Mother," he remarked.

"Let him be," I replied.

Then Guilherme chimed in, "Do you think he might interrupt our..."

"No, let's trust him. Tomorrow morning, I'll talk to him, and everything will be clarified. Shall we?"

"Since yesterday's session was a success, I suggest we repeat the feat," Guilherme proposed.

"Alright," I agreed, tying my hair into a bun. "Is my blouse suitable today?" I asked, wearing a tighter workout blouse.

"Yes, Mother, you look perfect today," Miguel complimented.

"I see that Cesar's wound is only superficial. So, I think we can start with the internal part."

"You mean, start pouring blood into his mouth?" Guilherme clarified.

"Exactly," confirmed Miguel.

"Would that be a problem for your kind?" Guilherme asked.

"I don't think so."

"Well, if he rejects it, we'll find out soon enough."

As I absorbed the fact that Cesar would be drinking all my blood that night, I approached him. I anticipated his resistance but understood it was necessary for his healing. At least for one night, I would nourish him with my blood. I would decide how to proceed afterward.

I reached out to touch his face, still cold to the touch. Gently, I touched his lips, only to find he still wasn't breathing. I carefully lifted his chin and opened his mouth, encountering a putrid smell emanating from within him.

Observing my reaction, Guilherme made a light-hearted comment, "He'll soon resume his personal hygiene rituals. Now, shall we proceed?"

I nodded in agreement, and he extended his arms to me. As he lifted me, Miguel approached to kiss me.

"Ah, always the best part," he remarked with a smile.

As he stepped back, Guilherme positioned me closer to Cesar.

"Well, well, well..." Miguel teased. "Who would've thought there'd be a vampire in you, eh Mr. Grumpy?"

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Guilherme couldn't help but chuckle. "Miguel," he chided.

"And sucking every last drop out of your protégé... tsc, tsc, tsc... The priest is not going to like this..." Miguel continued, provoking more laughter.

"Enough of your antics, my brother," Guilherme said, still smiling. He focused on keeping me in the right position.

Their banter, though silly, lightened the atmosphere, and soon, we began the ritual.