Luckily, I had time to turn around before vomiting.

The following day, I woke up early and headed into the city to search for Cesar, but finding the spot Guilherme described proved to be a challenge. After an hour of searching without success, despair threatened to overwhelm me again, but the hope of being close gave me the strength to continue. So, I forced myself to stay calm and tried to reconstruct the events of that day. Based on what Guilherme reported, I concluded that:

The men injured Cesar and then disposed of him somewhere.They likely used horses to transport him.Since it was daytime, they would have been easily spotted. The location would have to be connected to the desert.The site had a river or sewer and was surrounded by trees.

Recalling a part of the city, I went there. The neighborhood was a little far from there, but it fit the possibilities. It was a residential area with some trees and very little commerce. There was a stream there, and I started following it. At one point, the stream entered a tunnel and disappeared. I walked around, but I couldn't find where that stream came out. I spent a while longer walking around without success. I tried asking locals, but to be honest, I probably couldn't make myself understood.

I had to pause again to try to reason. I remembered another place, not far from there, that also fit the characteristics, so I decided to go there. Before I even reached the place I remembered, I saw a grate that looked like it was covering a stream. I went over there and looked deep inside it. The railing protected pedestrians from a dirty, smelly sewer. There was a lot of trash and dirt in the surrounding area, so I'm not sure if it was there to protect pedestrians or to prevent trash from blocking the path. I struggled and looked through the grate to the part where the water was running. And there, in that dirty water, I saw a leg floating. Water ran past it, indicating that the body was trapped somewhere. That should be the same stream I saw before. The men probably threw Cesar in that place where I was before and he was dragged by the current here.

My heart was beating fast, and I immediately looked for an opening to that stream. Luckily, it was back in the open air a few meters away. I ran there and, without hesitation, I entered that dirty water, starting to walk towards the tunnel. The water reached my legs, so I put my bag across my body to keep it from getting wet and kept my cell phone in my bra. That should be enough. Despite having a considerable flow, the stream did not seem deep. The smell and things floating there only increased my despair about what I would find.

I didn't have to walk far before I saw the said leg and arm floating. It was Cesar's arm; I recognized it right away. I hurried over there and grabbed his hand to pull him. The hand was so cold and stiff that it scared me. Still, I pulled him by the hand, and his body came. As his body detached itself from all the rubbish that was holding it back, his head remained attached to something... It seemed to be stuck to some branches, and as I pulled, it started to separate from the body. I stopped immediately and pushed his body back. Luckily, I had time to turn around before vomiting. I was vomiting and crying at the same time. I needed some time to compose myself before returning to my task, but the smell there was unbearable. I needed to get out of there.

I went around that whole dumpster and examined what was holding his head. There appeared to be a huge tree branch attached to the side of the tunnel, where the trash accumulated. With all the care in the world, I reached Cesar's head and disentangled his hair from the branches that held it. This freed the body, and I was able to get it out. Once in the open, I took him to shore. I sat there, planted my feet on the concrete, and pulled him out of the water. With great difficulty, I managed to climb the walls of the stream, bringing him with me. At the top, there was a small strip of grass. I laid him there and called Amin to come get us. While I waited for them, I wrapped a piece of cloth I found nearby around his neck to disguise the extent of the cut.