Don't even think about going home

I woke up but still felt very sleepy. I wrapped myself in a blanket and left the room. I did a brief search of the house and didn't find Vince. I didn't see his car parked outside either. Still wrapped in the blanket, I went to one of the loungers outside and lay down there. I felt a little robotic, probably due to the medicine. I stayed there for some time, almost in a vegetative state, and only moved again when I heard his car pull up.

Vince got out of the car, dressed up in his light suit and sunglasses. I could smell his perfume before he even approached.

"Hey, girl," he said, sitting on a lounge chair next to me.

"Business?" I asked.

He pondered for a moment. "I tried, but I couldn't get out of it this time."

"That's okay," I replied, although what I really meant was, "At least you didn't try to kill me."

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm fine. Thanks for..." I began, but he cut me off.

"Don't even mention it," he said, studying me for a bit before taking a deep breath as if he were stretching. "Have you eaten anything yet? How long have you been awake?"

"I don't know," I admitted.

"Come on," he said, standing up and offering me his hand. "Let's go make you a sandwich."

I took his hand and stood up. As soon as I did, he hugged me and kissed my head, enveloping me in his perfume even more.

Vince led me to one of the stools at the kitchen counter, helped me sit down, and waited to ensure I was comfortable. He then left his sunglasses on the table, opened the refrigerator to get cold cuts, grabbed bread, mayonnaise, and a juice. After taking off his jacket and placing it around a chair, he washed his hands to make me the sandwich. I found it cute how he did everything, even cutting the sandwich in half for me.

As we sat together, both enjoying our snacks, I knew it was time for me to leave.

"Where are my clothes?" I asked.

"Don't even think about going home," Vince insisted.

"But I'm fine," I protested.

"Not today. You better get comfortable because tonight you're staying here," he declared firmly.

"Vince, I'm serious," I tried again, but he interrupted.

"I don't want to hear it!"

I didn't insist further. After lunch, he told me to stay in the living room and watch something on TV while he went to take a shower. When he returned, he put on the cartoon channel, saying he liked the old ones better.

At night, he slept hugging me, making me feel cared for.