What a nasty cut

I awoke feeling refreshed, a wonderful sensation of being well-rested washing over me. This time, they hadn't wrapped a scarf around my neck. Instead, they left me lying down, covered with a blanket, perhaps due to my lack of clothing. It was rather endearing.

Glancing to the side, I noticed Cesar there, the towel that had once covered his neck now absent. As I sat up on the bed to examine him, I observed that his neck had indeed closed up. Only a superficial cut remained—a bit unsightly, but thankfully superficial.

Feeling much calmer and content with the progress, I enjoyed my shower in peace. Afterward, I ate heartily, much like the day before, before turning my attention to caring for him.

I tended to him, cleaning and perfuming him as I had done on previous days, but I couldn't help but think it was time for another shower soon. I resolved to ask the boys for help with that later.

As I rose from attending to him, the sound of knocking at the door startled me. There was a commotion outside, but amidst it, I recognized one of the voices. It was Rony.

Excitedly, I moved to greet him, but he was embroiled in an argument with our two employees and paid me no heed. It was clear I needed to intervene.

"Gentlemen," I interjected, and one of them turned to address me.

"Madam, this man wishes to see Cesar, but we've explained that he's resting and cannot entertain visitors."

"Yes, ma'am, but he's insistent..."

"This man is Ron, and he possesses medical knowledge that could be of assistance. I'll permit his entry, as he's an old acquaintance."

"Indeed!" Rony affirmed.

"Yes, ma'am. In that case, please accept our apologies."

I gestured for Ron to enter. He exchanged a sarcastic nod with the employees before stepping inside. As soon as the door closed behind him, I rushed into his arms, embracing him tightly.

"Ron!"

"Hey, Poodle," he greeted warmly, returning the embrace.

"I'm thrilled to see you!"

"Likewise. But how are you? Are you doing well?"

"I am, but..."

"Cesar."

"Yes, come. You'd better see for yourself."

And so I led him to the room where Cesar lay. Ron remained silent for a long while, carefully analyzing him.

"What a nasty cut they gave him, huh?"

"His head was hanging by mere threads of flesh when I found him."

"Ouch." Ron grimaced sympathetically. "Don't worry, he'll soon be back to lecturing us about safety."