The letter opener test

One day, Ron decided to test whether Lilian's protective instinct was still active. She was sitting on a bench a little away from the house, while Cesar stood with his back to the door, reading some documents on the table. Ron took an object from the office and approached Cesar, threatening him. However, Lilian remained motionless.

Cesar noticed the movement and turned to Ron, asking, "What's going on?"

"Forgive me, Cesar, but I need to see something," Ron replied.

With that, Ron struck Cesar on the head with the object, causing him to fall unconscious. Lilian briefly glanced to the side, perhaps at a bird that had just flown away, but otherwise, she didn't move.

Ron then sat in the office, waiting for Cesar to awaken. When Cesar finally regained consciousness, he asked, "Where is she?"

"In the garden," Ron said, gesturing towards Lilian. Cesar followed Ron's gaze.

"Should we try again?" Cesar inquired.

"Just to be sure," Ron agreed.

Cesar picked up a letter opener and handed it to Ron. Ron used the opener to inflict a strategic injury on Cesar, which quickly led to his death. As soon as Cesar fell, Ron glanced out the window. Lilian remained in the same position as before, showing no signs of reacting to the events.