2

It was the night of the ball. There was soft mumbling just outside her doors and windows. Many have just started arriving and Lisa simply sat in her room, staring towards her own reflection.

4

Her mind was wandering further and further away and she knew she was in no mood to make polite conversation with people she barely knew. Events were what she despised.

"Is it not to your liking, your highness?" Esther asked, adjusting the golden tiara that laid beautifully upon Lisa's head. Her dark hair was curled, her makeup was nothing but flawless, and her lavender dress was just as elegant as her servants described. And so, with a small sigh, Lisa smiled gently and nodded,

"I feel quite beautiful Esther, thank you."

3

Esher smiled appreciatively and rather proudly before bowing. Lisa stood up and brushed down her gown. She pulled her gloves higher before exhaling another breath of exhaustion.

"Events such as this are terribly daunting, are they not?" Lisa teased as she walked out of her room with Esther. "If I had a choice, I would put it off."

Just then, her favorite voice filled her ears,

"I thought the princess had control of her own choices."

Lisa smiled, turning around and saw...her.

The princess stood so suddenly. Her spine stiffening and her heart racing more than she wanted. Jennie was there, standing there and Lisa stopped smiling, stopped breathing.

Jennie stood there, smiling– that beautiful smile, dressed in a gown that was the color of midnight blue with only one strap, allowing the world to be blessed from the sight of her fair skin and collar. The midnight blue blended into a soft light of blue towards the bottom so effortlessly well along with the silver sequences. It was as if she was the only star in the night. So bright and lovely.

"You look beautiful, Lady Jennie," Esther complimented happily, removing Lisa from her thoughts and engaging into the blush in Jennie's cheeks. Jennie smiled shyly,

"Thank you Esther," just then Jennie's eyes were back on Lisa as if she was expecting, waiting and Lisa inhaled deeply,

"Yes, you look..." Lisa cleared her throat, "you are absolutely captivating."

And Jennie smiled and it was such a satisfying sight. To make the woman you admire smile? Lisa was satisfied.

"Thank you, and you look just as beautiful, maybe even more," Jennie explained with ghostly eyes. Lisa's heart was becoming insufferable. It pounded so loudly, she could barely hear her own thoughts. Especially under such enchanting eyes.

1

"You're too kind. Now, shall we?" Lisa motioned down the hallway and Jennie nodded before walking alongside Lisa. They bid Esther a goodbye and silently walked.

The hallway felt positively suffocating to the Princess. Especially with Jennie's sweet-smelling scent. It was too much for her to handle. And, when Lisa glanced down, she grinned from the sight of Jennie's happy smile.

"You seem to be feeling much better. I must admit, I worried about you for much of the night," Lisa quietly spoke out. Jennie glanced up at her curiously,