5

"Jennie! You better hurry or else you will be late for your first day of school!" Yejin yelled from the kitchen for the nth time. Jennie insisted on sleeping and avoiding the first day of the new semester, especially when she hasn't seen Lisa in weeks.

"Fine, mom!" Jennie responded, giving up on her sleep. She blinked a couple of times and sat on her bed. The holidays felt strange without Lisa. She wanted the two of them to kiss under the mistletoe, go ice skating in the West Pavilion and drink hot chocolate while watching Love Actually.

Lisa had planned the perfect dates but Lisa wasn't there.

Jennie wasn't excited about the first day back. So much has happened last year and this year she had to shape herself up. After getting ready and eating a quick breakfast, Jennie made her way towards the school. She had a meeting with her counselor, Miss Dara, who was expecting to hear from Jennie about her plans next year, and which universities she was applying to.

But sadly, all Jennie could talk about was Lisa.

"I just don't understand why the two of us couldn't work things out, you know? My whole life was perfect without her. Although my family and I suffered some setbacks, we still were happy and I was West Woods High's most popular girl. It all made sense until Lisa winked at me by the lockers and made my heart beat uneasily. I was fine without her. I lived 17 years without her, so why do I miss her so much?" Jennie asked Miss Dara, who was massaging her temples from all the information that Jennie gave her.

"Jennie, I get it. You are young and in love, and that is completely fine. What's not fine is you worrying about some high school romance instead of your college applications. Stop putting someone else as your priority. Your future, which is around the corner, needs to be at the top of your list." Miss Dara lectured her, trying her hardest to get the message across.

"She is more than just a high school romance Miss. Lisa is my future. Without her, there is no way I can even focus in school. I need her to be with me. What can I do to move on? Help me. You are my counselor right? Help me forget Lisa and find a new purpose in life." Jennie pleaded, understanding that since she wasn't Lisa's girlfriend anymore, so she had to focus on another purpose right now.

Miss Dara sighed out and crossed her arms staring at Jennie. It was impressive how much Jennie has changed in the past months. For someone who only cared about looks and popularity, she sure could only think about one thing: Lisa. "Alright, I will try my best."

***

Meanwhile in Thailand, Lisa was on her bedroom, laying on her belly while talking to Jungkook through Skype. "Gosh you are so lucky to have spent the Christmas in Thailand. You don't have to worry of winter there and you can go and enjoy the beach. Here it's so freezing cold!" Jungkook complained rubbing his arms to warm himself up.

"I know right! Chaeyoung and I went night swimming yesterday and it was the best thing ever. One day you have to come here. My grandmother makes a great Tom Yum Goong. You would love it." Lisa told him and Jungkook made a hungry groan just hearing Lisa explain how it's made.

Lisa invited Chaeyoung's family to spend the holidays with her family. The Manoban family and the Park family became extremely close. So close that when both Chaeyoung and Lisa got drunk from a beach party, Chaeyoung's father grounded the two of them. Also for the past week, Jungkook has been skyping with Chaeyoung and Lisa, listening to stories from their holidays and their adventures.

1

"By the way, how was your date with Eunha the other day? Was it worth it?" Lisa asked, remembering that Joy mentioned going on a date with a girl from Lisa's former school.