Longing For you

Jennie

3

Lisa was currently out of the country. She had to deal things with her current transactions. She said that she would be back a week from now.

The both of us had been on a relationship for quite sometime already and so to speak it was a wonderful relationship. She had been nothing but the sweetest towards me. She never did in any point in time disappoint me. But I was the one disappointing her. It was then that I heard, a the sound of a doorbell.

Upon revealing who it was, I immediately leaped and embraced the person in a bone crushing hug.

"I see you missed me babe." He jested. Yes, the person was a he and was not anyone close to her. V, the guy that I am currently embracing is the man that I am having an affair with. He works under Lisa.

2

Flashback

Lisa is the CEO of Manoban Enterprise who manages an entire chain of restaurants around the world while V is his CFO. The one who had to go through the finances of the company and one of Lisa's close friend.

17

I met him when Lisa and I were on our third year anniversary. She had introduced him to me one of the company's dinner as she had brought me and introduced as her girlfriend. She had established her company by then and was recognized in the business industry.

People loved Lisa. She was the star for everyone as she exemplifies in power but never did she use that power to exude herself over others. But sadly, that personality of hers made her in demand. That it came to a point that she had no time for me anymore.

11

Our relationship became stagnant and she was to busy to make time to me. But what had surprised me was when she had proposed on our fifth year anniversary. And V was there. I was reluctant to give her a yes knowing that we were falling out. But I still did. As I gave her a 'yes', she immediately got an emergency call from the company that she had to excuse herself. Leaving me behind in the process to deal with the longing in my heart and to see the people around me looked at me with pity. A girl who had just been proposed with but was immediately left by her fiance to celebrate alone.

2

I drank myself to death that night. I did not even remember where I was as soon as I opened my eyes. All I knew that I was in a bed of some stranger naked, a day after I said yes to my girlfriend who was now my fiance, I realized that I have cheated on her.

26

"It is good to see that you are awake." He smiled at my way bringing in closer a breakfast meal which I assumed that he had just made. "How are you feeling?"

I looked at him like for real. He was more concerned of me that of the problem we both had created. Guilty I scrambled to sit up and immediately pick up my things that had scattered in the floor as well as of my clothes which were loitered almost everywhere. God! Were we like hungry animals last night?

It was then that I felt him tug over my hand. "Jen, you don't need to panic. Calm down will you?"

I glared at him and retorted "How could you say that to me right now V? We just betrayed the same person who trusted us both! My fiance and goodness your bestfriend!"

He looked at me straight in the eyes. "She doesn't need to know Jen. This," he pointed to himself and then to me "can remain a secret to the two of us. But I don't want you to avoid me after this. Not when I had you Jennie." I watched him, shock could be seen in my expression. I cannot believe what I just heard.