You Who Holds My Heart ✔️

Lisa was outraged, furious at her father. She had rather played in her sleeping quarters with her dolls than stand in front of her castle alongside her older brother and father. The sun was at its extreme and so was her temper.

32

Her father looked down and let out a chuckle underneath his breath seeing how his 10 year old daughter was throwing a silent tantrum. However, how could he take her anger seriously when she was wearing a puffy, yellow dress that looked quite ridiculous. He must remind the maids to throw the dress away as soon as possible.

2

"Now Lisa, you know better than to fuss with your dress. Our guest will be arriving shortly," he said as he knelt down to adjust her tiara. Lisa groaned once more and swatted his hand away. She had the same temper as her mother, he thought.

2

"But papa, it's too hot!" Lisa whined. Her brother rolled his eyes, nudging her side,

"Quit your wailing sister. A young lady should not be whining as much as you are now–ow! Father! Lisa kicked me!"

Her brother Jiyong may be taller than her and older by five years but Lisa always believed she was the brains of the two. She looked at her father innocently but, of course, it only earned her a sterned gazed. So, huffing once more, Lisa looked forward and crossed her arms only to sigh in relief.

7

"Ah, and there they are," Lisa's father said.

A closed four wheeled carriage, pulled by two horses appeared trotting down the dirt path that guided them to the front of their castle. Lisa admired the gold that outlined the black carriage. The light from the sun made it seem as if the gold was glowing.

Jiyoung looked up at his father in curiosity,

"Who are they, father?"

A small smile of gratitude graced his kind face, "The duke of Kim. Lord Kim saved me during the war back before I became king," he explained. "He has brought his daughter along with him so I ask the both of you to be on your best behavior."

3

Lisa perked up. Finally, she thought. She was tired of being surrounded by gentlemen constantly. Maybe her summer will finally become more interesting.

At last, the carriage came to a halt and the doors opened revealing a man with a smile just as kind as her fathers. He stood tall and proudly and from the corner of her eyes, her brother seemed to fix his own posture. Lisa contained an eyeroll. He was always known to follow rules a little too perfectly.

"King Manoban, it is a pleasure to be in your presence once again."

Lisa watched as her father stalked forward and placed his hand on Lord Kim's shoulders, smiling ever so excitedly, "It has been way too long my friend." His eyes then glanced down, only for it to sparkle in excitement, "And who might this lovely young lady be? Jennie Kim no doubt?"

Lisa stared at the girl that finally walked alongside her father. Jennie was in a pink dress that ended just below her ankles with her hair in a single braid that laid on her collar. And, when Lisa gazed at her features, she couldn't help but admire her eyes. They were quite lovely.