HATE THAT I LOVE YOU

"I'll give you this house back, if it means that much you. After all, it is your parents' home. You grew up here." The striking brunette sounded patronizing as she looked intently at the ash blonde.

1

Jennie didn't get an answer right away. She held the reproachful look being thrown her way by the not-so-pleased Lalisa Manoban.

"What's the catch?" Lisa didn't even bother to hide the distrust in her voice.

They were back at Lisa's home, well, now Jennie's home and more particularly in Jennie's bedroom, trying to stare each other down. Everything happened so fast. The writer still couldn't process the events that took place earlier at the party. The celebration hadn't even reached its peak when they had to leave. She had yet to meet agents and moviemakers whom she hoped could help her with her writing career, when all of a sudden, she was caught in a frenzy of flashing lights, and in a liplock with no other than Thailand's most notorious playgirl actress, Jennie Kim.

As to how they escaped the mob of paparazzi, she could not even remember. It was all a haze to her, but she remembered being outside the office of Jennie's agent and friend, Marima Kliangprom, listening to their loud voices as they argued. Chompu Athita, Jennie's manager, was also there. And now Lisa found herself here, negotiating with the actress, so that she could get her house back. It wasn't cheap, so she couldn't help but feel apprehensive as to what Jennie would ask her to do in return.

"Marry me."

Lisa's eyes widened. If she'd been drinking anything, she would've died choking.

"Excuse me?" The ash blonde managed to squeak out after her shock. The proposal was anything but romantic. It was spoken in the most nonchalant tone possible. She didn't know whether to be flattered or angry.

Jennie made it sound like it was an ordinary thing for her. Did marriage even mean anything to the brunette at all?

Jennie rolled her eyes at the ash blonde's reaction.

"I said, let's get married."

"Are you high?" It was the craziest suggestion she'd ever heard. They kissed. That definitely didn't mean they had to marry each other. Where was this even coming from?

"Do you want your house back or not?" The brunette was clearly starting to get annoyed when she didn't get the response she wanted. Her impatience clear in the tone of her voice.

"The answer to that question is easy. I don't understand why you're talking about marriage with me though."

"The entertainment industry exploded with the news of our engagement tonight. We're all over social media. Haven't you heard?"

"Engagement?"

"Thanks for wearing my engagement ring when I told you to leave it alone, by the way", came brunette's acerbic response. This situation was really frustrating for her. Sure, it was her fault that they got the attention of every news/gossip crew and paparazzi at the party when she kissed Lisa out of nowhere to get out of a certain situation. But there wouldn't have been any mention of an engagement if it weren't for Lisa's foolishness. She wore the ring, meant for Charlotte, that Jennie had thrown away two days ago.