7

A pair of brown eyes fluttered open to a head of ash blonde hair.

Rays of the early morning sun were starting to creep in through the slightly parted curtains covering the bedroom windows on her wife's side, casting a silhouette glow as the light hit the back of Lisa's head. It created the illusion of a halo framing the ash blonde's face.

Her wife looked like an angel, slumbering peacefully on her side, facing her.

A small smile played on Jennie's lips.

The sound of a contented sigh broke the silence of the morning.

They were still in her parents' house in downtown Pattaya, in her bedroom; the room that the two of them had been staying in since Christmas. It was going to be their last morning together before they move to the family ranch a few miles away to meet with her childhood friends for Toey's annual New Year bash.

Sure, they'd still be sharing a bed in the ranch, but it was a reminder that the holidays were about to be over which only meant one thing. She and Lisa would be retreating back to their own bedrooms, in their own beds, as soon as they get back to Navy Beach, back to the real world.

Somehow, she felt like she didn't even want to go back there.

Jennie was lying on her side, facing her wife. It was too early for her to be awake, but it didn't matter that she wasn't used to waking up earlier than 7 a.m. All that mattered was waking up ahead of Lisa so she could stare at her face. She was familiar with the few freckles on the ash blonde's nose by now. Sometimes, her wife even snored faintly. And that made cutting her sleep short all worth it.

It hadn't been easy keeping her hands to herself lately. During dinner, her hand always found Lisa's. Her wife never said anything about it despite having a hard time eating with one hand. That also happened everytime they were taking a walk. Or when they'd join grandma in the couch to watch her favorite k-drama (that made her gagged everytime) on Netflix, Jennie always found herself leaning too close to Lisa.

The urge to touch her wife was getting a little bit hard to control, just as she was feeling now.

Her fingertips were about to brush against the skin of Lisa's face when the ash blonde stirred, causing Jennie to pull her hand back. Her wife was waking up and she didn't want to get caught staring, so she shut her eyes close and Jennie remained still. She felt the movements on Lisa's side of the bed. She almost smiled as she imagined the ash blonde stretching her limbs and yawning adorably, in an attempt to jolt herself awake.

Yes, Lisa did that.

Every morning.

And every morning, Jennie adored it.

Lisa had followed a ritual every morning that they'd slept in the same bed together. And Jennie was more excited of what Lisa was going to do next. So she tried her best pretending that she was still asleep. The movements on her side ceased, and she could feel brown eyes on her.

Lisa was staring at her.

Jennie waited for those particularly soft pair of lips touch the skin on her forehead, but it was taking too long than it normally did. Just when she thought she wasn't getting her 'secret morning kiss' this time, she felt as Lisa moved, closing the distance between their faces. Their foreheads rested against each other, their noses touching. Their lips were separated by a mere centimeter, or maybe less.