7

LISA

Woke up naked. Fuck. This is Jennie's room. The alcohol is still banging my head so bad. I am actually thinking how to get up.

I looked at the other side and there Jennie is, fixing her closet. Smirking.

"Problem how to escape from the sheets?" Oh, Jen. Don't make fun of me.

"Hmmm. My clothes?" I asked.

"Take a bath first. I washed your clothes earlier and dried them up. Here's the towel." God. She is so pretty. Still very, very pretty.

"Hey, Lisa! Here's your towel. Hello!" Sorry, Jennie. I'm still stunned by your beauty.

I took the towel and the robe, stood up and walked my way to the bathroom.

"What are you still shy about? I've seen all of you from head to toe, Lisa." I stopped. I know she's just trying to make me laugh.

"Kidding. Go and clean yourself. Breakfast is ready downstairs. Your son is waiting for you. I took your car from the bar this morning. It's in the garage already." She said.

After taking a bath, I went to the dining area and we ate breakfast altogether. My son is too clingy. Oh, Aki, don't grow up too fast.

He's now telling us about his crush at school. I kept laughing. While Jennie, she is too serious.

"No girlfriend until you're 18. Lisa you should buy him condoms and-." She said. I did not let her finish.

"Jennie, that's still years from now. And Aki, it's just a crush case for now right? Mom is scared of the future." I laughed hard and Aki as well.

The ex-wife just gave us a glare.

After our meal and discussion about Aki's school. Jennie asked me if I'd like to come with her. She has a meeting with a film company offering her a project and appointments with suppliers for her wedding. Fuck. Stay calm, Lisa. You still have another muddle shit at work and life to face. Let Jennie be happy.

She insisted to use and drive her car. Jennie asked me about what happened yesterday. I told her everything. I couldn't hold my tears. I also saw her wiping her eyes.

"I'm sorry about that, Lisa. Your son and I are just here for you. I actually learned what happened from Jaime last night. What's your plan now?" She's trying to comfort me.

"I- I don't know. When I think about myself, I really want to stop working from his companies. But I also think of Aki. What's going to be his future if I'm not going to work? It's so hard to find a job that can pay me well like William Ford's companies do." I said.

"I can help you with Aki. My projects are doing well, Lisa. You're just the one insisting to provide for him. Let me do my responsibilities too. About your job, aren't you going to accept the inheritance? He has no family. And to think about what he did to your parents, I think you deserve everything he has worked hard for. We can't bring back your parents' lives anymore. What else can we do about it? I am really sorry for what happened, Lisa. Please promise me that you'll help yourself, for you and for our Aki. Please. Whenever you feel pain, just call us. I promise, I'll be there for you. We have a son. You know what I mean." I know, Jennie. I know.

After her meeting, I insisted to drive. I have to divert my attention. I have cried my heart out last night. I have to recover swiftly. All the experiences I had in my life, marriage and career trained me well in enduring all kinds of pain. No one can break me from now on. Ok. I'll just cry later.