MY PETITE VILLAGE GIRL

Jennie POV

3

"Chaeyoung! You feel that?" I asked Chipmunk, who is busy picking up mushrooms near the tree.

"Feel what?" She asked as she continued picking up the mushrooms.

"A sort of tremor... Yah, wait here. Don't go anywhere arasso?" I whispered as I looked around.

I went to the side of the cliff to look at our village that was shaking. The crack is coming towards where I am.

Shit.

"What the... CHAEYOUNG! HOLD ON TIGHT TO SOMETHING!" I shouted as I ran back to Chaeyoung who was already smoking the mushrooms with a fire.

Chaeyoung holds on to the mushrooms as though her life depends on it.

I quickly hugged her and the ground shook, breaking the cliff into half. I was about to slide into the hole when Chaeyoung pulled me all her might, letting go of her mushrooms.

We both laid down on the ground and pant.

"Yah... You're lucky I love you more than those mushrooms..." Chaeyoung whispered as she caught her breath.

How can she compare me with mushrooms?!

"Chip... We need to get back to the village... It doesn't look good but maybe there's still survivors." I said and Chaeyoung nodded.

We ran towards our village, jumping and climbing down a large tree from the cliff.

"Jennie, I'll check on my family. You check on your Appa." Chaeyoung said and I nodded.

"Appa? Eomma?" I checked my house but there's no one there.

I ran out of the hut when I heard Appa's voice giving a speech to the villagers.

There's not much of us left... And all of them are guys.

I heard Chaeyoung crying.

"Chip! Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her as I rubbed her back.

"They're both gone, Jennieyah..." Chaeyoung hugged and cried in my embrace.

That's when I realized Chaeyoung was sitting in front of two bodies, covered with a white sheet.

"I'm sorry, Chip... I'll sleep at your house and accompany you, arasso?" I said and she shook her head.

"Our hut collapsed and they couldn't make it out... That's why they died." Chaeyoung cried harder.

"Then sleep with me tonight. I'll keep you safe." I whispered as I hugged Chaeyoung tightly.

"Jennie dear, come here." Appa called me and I nodded.

All the guys that gathered around looked at me as I walked towards Appa, the Chief of this village.

"Appa, where's Eomma? I can't find her." I said worriedly and Appa sighed.