2

[ THE BIG GAME AND EFFECT SMOKING ]

One month later.

I've became addicted to cigarettes, I tried to quit before it becomes a huge problem. But I couldn't. I cant even go a day without a pack.

11

Me and Jennie are still in the same situation, we arent moving forwards or backwards.

Today is our first high school basketball game, practiced like crazy because the whole school is gonna be there, and I am not ready to be embarrassed.

Right now im standing at the back watching the
cheerleaders and the mascot dance, but Jennie is taking my breath away.

I watched them till they finished their performance, the audience started to whistle and clap for them.

The game is now about to start, but i kept getting more and more nervous, i grabbed my cigarettes out my bag and made my way outside and smoked a couple of cigarettes.

It did helped me calm down but I feel so weak.

I went back to the locker room and took Jisoo perfume and gum to try cover the smell

I walked out and head my way to the team that is waiting patiently to be announced.

Everyone is standing in there position waiting for the referee to whistle, I look around and see my parents with Naeun waving. I waved back.

1

*WHISTLES*

Oh shit.

Our team takes the ball and passes the ball to Jisoo she runs and pass the ball to Seulgi, I run while no one is guarding me. I wave at Seulgi and she quickly pass the ball to me.

I aim at the basketball hoop and shoot, I'm praying it goes inside.

And it does.

The crowd claps and start chanting for our team.

After a few minutes of scoring. I started breathing
heavily and having pain in my chest, I cant play like this, I made my way to the coach and told her i need a break.

She told me to sit down and she exchanged me with Wendy.

I grabbed the water bottle and chug it down, but the pain is getting worse and worse.

8

I closed my eyes and took slow, deep breaths, I opened my eyes again and grabbed another water and slowly drank it this time.

I stayed out for the whole first half of the game, so far we are winning, everyone is taking a break now.

I got up and ran to the bathroom and washed my face, after a few minutes I heard someone entering the bathroom.

"Babe?" Jennie whispers.

I rise my head and look at her, I started feeling nauseous i turn my head back to the sink and threw up.