3

Old Lady Manoban POV

I was shocked when the sweet child panicked over the jewellery staining of her blood rather than her well being.

She risked her life for my bracelet. She got a cut on her hand and she's been kicked in the stomach. She thinks the bracelet is more important than her? Who is this girl?

"My sweet child... hang on..." I whispered as I hugged her protectively.

1

"Ma'am-" I quickly cut her off.

"Please, just call me Halmeoni. Treat me as your own grandma from now on." I said softly and she smiled.

"Halmeoni... You remind me of someone... Someone warm and kind." She whispered.

"Is he or she someone special to you?" I asked her and she nodded.

"She's all I can think of and the funny thing is, I just got to know her for only 2 days... And then... I found out that she has to be married to someone else." Her voice cracked so I rubbed her back.

"What's your name, sweet child?" I asked her.

"Jennie." She sobbed.

"Jennie, dear. Do you believe in fate? I believe that if the person is meant for you, there's nothing that can stop you both from ending up together." I said to her and she looked at me.

"I don't think it's possible, Halmeoni... She comes from a rich family and I come from the village. Her grandma wants her to marry the woman of her choice and her grandma has the final say. But it's alright, I'm sure it's for the best." She wiped her tears and I gulped.

"What's her name, sweet child? That special someone?" I asked her as I rubbed her back again.

"Lisa..." She whispered and I widened my eyes.

1

"Do you... have a picture of her?" I asked and she nodded.

"We went to the amusement park together yesterday." She said as she showed a picture of her and Lisa, my granddaughter.

WHAT THE FUCK?! LISA IS SMILING WIDELY! SHE LOOKS SO HAPPY! I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT KIND OF GENUINE SMILE FROM HER ALL MY LIFE!

"Can you... send me this photo to me? My number is #######." I said and she nodded.

Luckily she didn't ask why.

I need to meet Leon and Lia...

I unlock my phone and look at the photo again. They look so perfect for each other.

Hmm? A text message from Leon?

Me: Meet me tonight at the mansion but wait for me in my limousine. Bring Lia too but keep this a secret from Lisa.

When we reached my mansion and left the limousine, Jennie was speechless.

"Are you okay, Jennie dear?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I-it's beautiful, Halmeoni... Like a palace where a princess stays..." She said softly as she turned 360 degrees to look at my property.