Chapter 144

Tim's pov
It's probably been the longest week of my life, living each day without her. Not knowing if she would take a turn for the worse at any point. I haven't tried to hurt myself since, I truly believe it was a sign from Lucy. I can't hurt her. Grey finally came to see her, he was heartbroken seeing her like this. He told me that the man who did this, has been sent down. I'm relieved but I feel like he got the easy way out. I wanted to speak to him. Angela,Wesley and Jack have come almost every day. They keep trying to get me to go outside but I can't leave her. What if something happens while I'm gone? What if she tries to wake up? What if she takes a turn for the worse? What if she..and I'm not here.

The doctor wants to try to take her out of the coma today and I'm genuinely scared. They want to try this afternoon, and I just keep staring at the time, watching each second drag by.

There's a knock at the door, I sigh deeply before replying. "Come in"
To my surprise a nurse walks in, and she looks at me. "I've got some visitors here who would like to see Lucy is that okay?" She asks.
I look at her confused, they know everyone that has been to see her. This nurse knows them all, it has never been asked like this. So I know it's someone new. I just don't know who it would be.
"Who is it?" I ask her inquisitively.
"It's a couple who claim to be her emergency contact."
"I'm her emergency contact?"
"That is true. They said that they are her parents and that they would like to see her. It's entirely up to you"

Her parents...why would they come now? After all this time? What is there intention? I can't have them upsetting her? But if she doesn't survive this later...should I really be stopping them from potentially seeing her for the last time? She is their daughter and as much as what they did was wrong on so many levels, I feel guilty keeping them from her.

"Tim?"
"Sorry...I just didn't expect them to come..erm.." I stutter trying to process and make sure that I make the right decision for Lucy.
"Its understandable, and today's a big day Tim. Emotions are going to be hightened today, I can ask them to come back in an hour? The doctor will be coming in around two to three hours to wake her up? So that will be sufficient time for them to see her?"
"Erm.."
"I can ask them to come back in an hour, gives you some time to decide what's best for you both"
"Yes please. Thank you"
"No worries" she says as she smiles softly before walking back out of the room. The door shutting carefully behind her.

I turn my head immediately back to Lucy, watching her chest steadily rising and declining.
"I don't know what to do baby, I don't understand why they are here. Why now? Why a week after this? They've known. I know what they've done to you is indescribable, it makes me feel sick that they have done the things that they have done to you. Today's a big day...we're going to try bring you back to us..I don't want them to hurt you...I'm just scared that if you don't survive this, and I don't let them see you it will haunt me. I know you would understand. You always want to do the right thing, you always make me want to do better. You bring the better half of me out, I need a sign baby...a sign...I know you can give me one. I know you gave me a sign when I was going to...please babe" I keep carefully stroking her thumb while holding her pinky.

My phone suddenly starts ringing, I grab it from my pocket and immediately answer the call.