Chapter 54. He's Back

Taeyeon's POV

"Yeonnie-yah, we'll be there outside, alright? If you need anything, just shout our names and we'll be by your side as soon as possible," Kyungsoo said sweetly as he winks. I look down for a bit and felt my cheeks heatened for a moment. "O-of course, t-take your time, everyone," I stutter, trying my best to avoid their gaze.

"Gomawoyo! Annyeong!" They said in chorus as they left me together with Baekhyun who's busily typing on his laptop. I stare at him for a moment while seriously focusing on his own tracks. Based what I can see from his expression, I can't read it because of his coldness. What can I do to make him different? Why did he suddenly changed into something new after we left Japan? Do I still have a chance to change him into something new?

"What are you looking at?" I snap out from my thoughts when a voice loudly speak up that startled me for a bit. And finds out that he's staring back at me with one brow arch up. I quickly turn away and nervously shakel my head from left to right, "N-nothing.. actually," I almost whisper. "Are you sure? Tell me, do you need any of my help?" I look back and shook my head once again defensively. "M-maldo andwae! J-joeuneun.. jjinja naega.. babogacheoreum," And immediately look away. (No way! I'm not really tired)

After I said those, he doesn't seemed to reply back so I quickly focus on my own tracks. This time, I need to make a report about the upcoming Anniversary of Black Pearl. They said, it is a Black Pearl's responsibility to make a report, specifically, me. As a responsible Third Angel, I do have to take care all of what they wanted me to do, because of the thing that I'm also willing to.

"Someone must need a break to warmup herself, you know?" I nudge on my thought when I heard him speak. "W-what did you say?" I asked, without even looking back at him, "I'm not saying that I'm allowing you to go, but I still care and you have to rest. It's been nearly four hours since you stuck yourself in front of the papers," Taeyeon slowly look at her shoulder.

"Are you saying.. You wanted me to do something aside from this one?" I asked, trembling to be exact. "Did you just hear me by now? Go and rest for an hour. Be back after that said hour or else, you'll be punished," He answered with an obvious husky voice. I look in front again, probably disbelief from what he said. Did he just mean it? Said it? He wants me to take a rest? After all this time, I'm m waiting for him to spill that word because I don't want him to think about me walking out without his permission.