Chapter 97. She's The One

Taeyeon's POV

I was stunned by the thought of what he said. BaekYeon? The crowd called us BaekYeon? So that means.. Most of them were not against us? I snap on my thought when I realize that Baekhyun and I were still forming a huge heart. I quickly put my arm down and duck my head because of embarrassment.

He seemed to notice since I can feel his stare piercing through my direction. I gulp down a lump on my throat and bow down many times before running away. "W-wait!" I heard him call out but I just don't mind and shake my head. Running to where he can't find me.

I'm still not ready to talk to him formally nor glance at him at all times. I'm still not ready to be with him for now. I don't know myself anymore. As much as I wanted to be with him for longer, I just can't. I felt like the other side of me is bothering me. And just like the way how we first met, is the same reaction I did just recently. Why am I like this?

...

Outside of the Hall Of Fame, Taeyeon's POV

I sighed as I watch myself breathing out a foggy air. I embraced myself away from cold and look up at the dark skies. The girls must've been looking for me right now. I shake my head. "I need space," I mumbled out from my mouth.

"For what?" I was startled from my position and immediately look back to find Jin approaching me. I faced him with my wide-eyes, "How did you find me?" I asks curiously, but he simply flash me a small smile and took off his jacket.

Instead, he wrapped his jacket around me. Keeping me secure away from cold. I look up at him with my eyebrows slowly creasing to each other, "It's very cold outside. You need it more than I do," He says and joined me by stargazing at the dark skies.

We stayed like this for a couple of a minute and no one of the two of us dared to utter a word. I heard him sigh, "Why are you here outside?" He finally asked. "I just feel like it," I answered without looking at him. "If you're thinking about Baekhyun again then don't. He just give you a weight on your shoulder," I can sense that his voice become serious little by little.

"J-Jin, I don't know myself anymore. As much as I want to continue this said to be revenge, I think my conscience is slowly eating me," I lower my head and bite the inside of my cheeks. "You just said it to me at the very first place that you're willing to do this risk no matter what. You should have thought about it from the start before you tell me that you're giving up now. You know, you should have ready yourself before you start. You should have your braveness with you, Taeyeon," Jin's voice must be that calm, but I felt like scolded.

I have nothing to say any further. I'm out of words now since I'm really speechless. All of the sudden, Jin placed his hands on my shoulders and let me face him, "I'm sorry," He mumbled as I stare at him.

"I shouldn't have said those," His voice smoothens. Jin's face comes near to me and as I think about it, he planted a sweet kiss on my forehead. After, he pull away and smiles at me, "You better get ready for the last time. Because you're a contestant for 'The Voice Behind The Speakers' thing, remember?" He softly said which I conclude that he might be whispering to me right now.

I nodded my head and smiled. This is it. For the very last time. I will sing my heart out. I will sing even if what it takes. It is now or never, I will confess. Do it or regret it are the only options.

...

Backstage, Taeyeon's POV

I tightened the grip on my own microphone while watching the current contestant trying her best to proclaim as the 'Anonymous Person Behind The Speakers' which is in fact none-other than me, who sang during that time and accidentally, the speakers were on.