Chapter 85. Truth Hurts

After 3 Weeks, Taeyeon's POV

We've finished doing every of our tracks. The songs, recordings and we've also finished all of the dance steps as well. Although it's tiring, but nevertheless, I still have my time to practice the songs which I composed. And here I am, alone by the school's greatest peak, the rooftop while practicing my high notes for better and clear.

While singing the verses, I can't help myself but to imagine that every lyrics and music strikes me. Because it's related to my situation right now, it relates me. Taeyeon didn't notice that a drop of tear escape from her right eye when she reach the high note of her song.

My healed heart and its faded scars and wounds slowly got back. It's like.. a sharp knife is forcing my heart to open like it's getting it's flesh out.. like a stomach, that made me grimace the pain again. As soon as I'm done with the music, I slowly open my closed eyes and turn off the small speaker I brought with me. Based what I said earlier, we're done with everything. But we need to promote our dancing skills so that it'll matches for the music. I was startled when someone clapped its hands from behind me. I look back and widened my eyes in horror to find Kai grinning at me. I took a step back, "W-what are you doing here, Jongin?" I asks curiously. He simply smiles and showed me something. Another sheet of a paper with lyrics written on it.

"You don't need to master and train your voice. It suits perfectly to the music you composed. The music background were cool as well! I salute you!" I put a hand on my necktie and squish it hard while looking down at the ground.

"My purpose of what am I doing here is to give you these," He walk towards me and handed me the paper. I narrow my eyes down and read the title, "Merry Love?" Taeyeon muttered that made Kai nod his head, "Baekhyun's the one who composed that song for the both of you. The orange shaded lines are yours while blue ones are his," He explained as I nod in understood.

"Have you guys finished your composition?" I asks and look at him, "Earlier than you thought," He answers. There was a moment of silence between us while I'm observing the title of the song. Trying to find some solution of how and where did he got that title. Merry Love.. it's pretty.. it's like it was inspired by something. "J-jongin.." I stutter. Kai shift his attention to Taeyeon and raise his brows, "Hmm?" He hummed as a response which I got it that he wanted me to spill something.

"C-can you.. uh.. help me.. with this?" He looks at me, confuse. "You'll do Baekhyun's line while I'll do mine." I firmly added that made his lips form into a circle. All of the sudden, he scratch his nape shyly, "Uh.. I have a problem with my voice.. I-I'm.. I'm not good in singing." Taeyeon smiles and patted Kai's shoulder. "Then I'll teach you,"

...

Jessica's POV

"One.. two.. three.. four.. five.. six.. seven.. eight! Eight.. seven.. six.. five.. four.. three.. two.. one!" Hyoyeon taught us the last dance steps of the last song we made. "Take it from the top, everyone!" She announced and clasped her hands. Everybody groan especially Sooyoung who's now lying on the floor, "I can't take it anymore! I'm already slim yet you guys were bringing me to my bones! Plus, my stomach grumbles earlier until now~ I'm so hungry~" She whines, rubbing her stomach with a painful expression.

"Okay, that's it, let's take a break." Hyoyeon nodded her head, "Whoah! At least we finished all of the dance steps! All we need is to memorize!" Yoona cheered happily. "So who will be the one to go to the cafeteria and buy some snacks?" Tiffany asked, grinning. "Me!" Yuri and Yoona cheerfully raise their hands, "Snacks? I'll go with you!" Sooyoung added before they hurriedly race through the door.

And now, since we are the ones who were left in the practice room, sighed of tiredness. "I can't believe that we finished recording our songs," Sunny wondered, "But the problem is.. there is no lip sing allowed," I butt in as they nod in chorus, "What if for the next practice, let's do the minus one?" Tiffany suggested, "That's a great idea! Minus one! It's the least we can train our breathing and singing!" Seohyun said excitedly.