Chapter 64. True But Suspicious Story

Late Noon, Rooftop, Taeyeon's POV

"S-so.. after all, you're the person Baekhyun and the others hated the most. What's the reason behind those? I-I mean.. based from my observation, it seems like.. you're a nice person after all," I lower my voice as soon as I knew that Jin was the guy that Baekhyun's talking about; the Sapphire leader. Now that I remember, I felt shivers as well all so sudden.

He chuckled and gaze out for the bright sun, "That's me. But for any other reason, I'm not that kind of a person right now. I've changed. So you don't have to worry. I'm not gonna hurt you, trust me," As much as I wanted to run away from his presence, a part of me is telling that he's truly sincere.

"Can I really trust you?" I look at him straight in the eyes as he looks down at me and smiles, "I don't know, it's up to you and your instincts though," I lower my head and bite the inside of my cheeks.

"As much as I wanted to believe on Baekhyun's side, but I just can't help but to prove myself that yo–", "No, please don't," I didn't got the chance to finish my sentence when he cut me off by putting a hand on my shoulder. I wrinkled my eyebrows, trying to see his face due to the bright sun reflecting him, "Why not? Don't you wanna hear a positive compliment?" He look down at me and flashed a bitter smile, "I don't deserve it, so don't ask more or why," I just kept my mouth sealed shut, trying to process what he muttered. Why is he rejecting a compliment from me? And what does he meant for.. he don't deserve such as those?

"By the way Taeyeon, I have to go. We still have classes after 5 minutes. See you some other time, okay? Bye," He bid goodbye as I followed him using my eyes, taking his panicking steps on the stairs. I gaze in front and let out a sigh, placing both of my hands on the metal porch. The sound of the seagulls occupies the silent atmosphere around.

...

Jin's POV

Jin silently peek through a see through door. His eyes were glued to Taeyeon who's at the rooftop. "You know, you shouldn't have told her about the nice you," I turn to look back and find him with his usual expression. "It's my pleasure to tell her about the nice side of me. I just can't stop but feel guilt and all," I answered, plastering a sorrowful expression. He pat my back, that makes me to look up at him, "Does that mean.. you're giving up on the plan we made? We sacrificed? It's nearly a gold, yet, you yourself will turn it into a stone " I lower my head and bite the inside of my cheeks.

"No," I muttered and direct my eyes to his', "I won't give up. Just as long as she's the only one that I'm nice with. But for Baekhyun, I won't give up and seek for revenge," He smirks and glance to Taeyeon, "Is she also one of our plans now?" I gaze out for Taeyeon as well and back at him, "As much as I wanted to say yes, but all I feel is conscience, I can't simply do that easily," I duck my head down.

"Very well then. It's your choice anyways," He turn his back and actioned to leave the place. Can't he feel conscience as well? So as guilt? He betrayed his own members for goodness' sake! I bite my lower lip, tightening my grip on my pants as I watch him slowly walking away, "Wait," That made him stop and pivot back at me. "Yes?"

"Is there any problem I need to know? I-I mean.. have you felt something which you didn't felt before?" He look at me in an expressionless face, "If you're expecting me to regret all of what we're doing, then it's a no. Do not assume too much because it is my decision. I did these things for my own will and so as helping you to get your right, because I am just only doing what's the accurate way. I didn't regret anything. There's no such thing called as regret when it comes up to revenge right? So why not try to push ourselves into it?"

I was left alone became speechless and stoned on my position, watching him turning to the corner direction and disappears away from my sight. There's no such thing called as regret when it comes up to revenge. Those words, those words truly mean a lot. I didn't say I would totally give up but.. what's this aching feeling persuading me to do the wrong moves instead of doing what will I really have to? I mean.. it's like.. I'm acting like a naive leader in Sapphire. But.. what am I saying? I can't give up, that's the only hope. And the only thing that I can do.

As much that I really want to talk with Taeyeon for a lot, I just can't stop acting myself like a true plastic. I don't know what's going on my mind but keep on blabbering some things which I haven't decided that I have to! I already slip my mouth for saying the truth that I'm the guy that Baekhyun told her to stay away with. But a part of me which I said earlier was true, none of them were bluffs.

...

6:04 pm, Black Pearl Dorm, Taeyeon's POV

I let out a heavy sigh, tightening my grip to the both slings of my bag while my feet were trembling on the doorstep. I don't know, but maybe I'm just so tired for all of the activities this day. I'm about to knock on the door when it automatically opens as I drop my jaw in startle, "You came home late," I lower my head and bite the inside of my cheeks. "S-sorry,"

"Come in, it's cold outside," I nodded as I follow Luhan all the way inside of the dorm. I stopped in midst when I find them gathering together, "You're still at dinner?" I ask in disbelief, darting them with a confusing look. "Yes, we waited for you so come and join us," Baekhyun answers with none of an expression plastered on his face.

Before I could lay my butt on the chair, Luhan grab my bag from my back as I followed him using my eyes, gently placing the thing on the couch. I mentally shake my head and just decided to sit down since I knew they're waiting for me until I finally arrived.

As the dinner starts, no one start a conversation but some of them seemed to be making an eye contacts. I just don't mind them and continued on my own tracks, "Where have you been?" I slowly look up when I heard Baekhyun asks. I gulp down a lump on my throat, tightening my grip on the chopsticks, "U-uh.. w-well, the girls from Emerald section and I were having some time together. So.. t-that made me late for a bit," I almost whisper due to this weird feeling that made me avert my gaze away from him.

For one fact, Jin's been with me for the whole day. And that statement that he gave me his own experiment if who made me distracted is also true, and it's none-other than this person asking me right now.

I suddenly felt a palm placed on my forehead. And as I look up, I found Chanyeol checking my temperature. "The heat is normal, but you know you look so pale," I slightly slap his hand away from me and let out a bitter smile, "It's okay guys, you don't have to worry, I'm totally fine after all," I lied, even though I really felt a little dizzy due to exhaustions and other stories ruining in my mind, especially for the fact when Baekhyun is the one whom I've been thinking right now.

"I'm sorry to say this but.. is anything bothering your thoughts?"

I look straight into his eyes to find some hint of concerns and worries. The feeling that I bare last night and now, starts occupying in my whole system. My heart, is thumping abnormally, this isn't normal right now.

I didn't even have the guts to speak back but my mouth just automatically open on it's own and muttered the word, "You,"

~~~

A/N: Sowie for the late update guys~ Our final exam just started! I'm sorry that I didn't even inform, I'm sometimes forgetful (I got this from Yixing though) so I still manage to update despite for some semi hiatus, haha! But after thinking for once or twice, I got another twist and plot for this story! It's brand new so stay tuned!

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope you like it! Please stay tuned for more updates to go!

~By everytime you won't vote, comment and follow, the author of this story will get a problem of author's block and can possibly won't update this story anymore! Please do vote, comment and follow to save author-nim's creative brain, folks!✌

Love y'all, little chigus!😌✌

This has been,

- PicaXiu