Chapter 71. We're Always Here For You

Taeyeon's POV

"Are you feeling better now?" I nodded, still looking down with my fingers pressed on the thick blanket, "Here, you should eat well. You have a long journey to do," Kyungsoo offered me a spoonful of porridge, "Can I-I at least.. do it by m-myself?" I nervously asked. Why am I nervous anyways? This is Do Kyungsoo right here in front of me.

Kyungsoo simply shakes his head as if he decline for what I asked, "No. You have no strength enough to hold the spoon. To make things better, eat this up before it turns cold," He said as I have nothing to do but to obey what he commands. I slowly open my mouth as Kyungsoo dig the spoon inside of my mouth.

My peripheral vision caught someone by the other side. It was Baekhyun and behind him was Kai. They were staring at us like they wanted us to melt this instant. I shrug it off my mind and Kyungsoo leaned me a glass of water. As a good girl I am, I drank those amount of water to let my throat wet from once it was dry.

"Take your medicines, Black Pearl," Kai suddenly show up on the scene and handed Kyungsoo some different kinds of pills and tablets. On the other hand, Kyungsoo didn't look up and just receive the medicines from Kai's hand. I raise one brow in curiosity since both of them were spacing with one another. Trying not to let any skin contact with each other.

As soon as I drank the medicines that I needed for now, Kai went back together with Baekhyun as I observe the both of them were having a serious chat. When all of the sudden, flashbacks from what happened between me and Baekhyun occupied my vision for a moment. His eyes met with mine.

He's staring right into me like.. he doesn't want me to get away from his sight. Our hands.. that were perfectly fit with each other. I hate to admit it but our hands fit together. I somewhat believe from ancient facts that once a person together with you locked on your hands together, and that were perfectly fits, that means.. he or she is your long lost destiny. W-what? Destiny what? What am I talking about?

"Yeonnie," I mentally snap out when Kyungsoo held my hands together. I look at him with my face motioning him to continue. He lowers his head and I can see that he's biting his lower lip, "I'm sorry for what I did for the past days. Because of that, these were the results," He said which is sincere enough for me.

I held his hands as well, tighter. "I see. But can I trust you to do not tell the others that Jin and I were friends?" That made him alarmed and was about to open his mouth when I put an index finger on his lips, that made him freeze on his position. I flashed a small close-mouthed smile, "It's the only way for you and agree with me so that I can forgive you," He blinked at me for countless of times, "Should I-I also trust you to keep yourself away from danger?" I nod cheerfully as him, narrow his eyes down.

"If it satisfies your happiness, well.. there's no bad befriending with an enemy right? Or the fact that maybe you are an exceptions on his list. I trust in you, Taeyeon. So better be careful," He said with those eyes filled with seriousness.

And by that, I unknowingly pull him into a hug which surprise him about it, "Please keep this as a secret for the both of us, Kyungie," I can feel Kyungsoo nods and patted my back.

...

The Next Day, Taeyeon's POV

"Are you sure that you're finally alright?" I raise my brows in suspiciousness because of the members' reactions. They were as if nervous about something. And I can see a hint from their individual stares. "Of course. I've been recovered now. You guys don't have to worry about me. It's fine and alright, I'm fully recovered now," I flashed them a reassuring smile.