Dead-End of Despair

(Edited)

So... Should I do the crack chapter for valentines day?

♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦

"Damn it they never show up when you search for them." Gray sighed annoyed.

"Where are these 7 King of Purgatory guys?" I added.

"And Cana sure was in a foul mood. Did she run out of booze and..."

"Wait! Now that I think about it, I haven't seen her drink since we got to Tenroujima" I stopped him.

"Is she going cold turkey?" He asked stopping for a second.

"Could be." I shrugged. Suddenly I sensed a presence and pulled Gray to a near by tree that was big enough to hide the both of us.

"Soon, you'll return to being the true king, Zeref." A woman smirked emerging from the bushes. On her shoulder leaned an unconscious male. The guy on her shoulder had black hair and a strange outfit which had some sort of drape hanging off him. 

"Ul..." I heard Gray utter out.

"Do you know her?" I whispered.

"No. She just looks like my teacher." He replied grimly.

"O-oh." I stuttered.

"Let's go!" He then added running after the woman. We ran in a crouching position trying to keep ourselves hidden from sight. While we were pursuing the woman it started to rain. Gray and I held up at a tree trying not to lose her from our sight. That is until something hit Gray on his wrist but the thing instantly disappeared.

"What was that?" I whispered looking at the direction where the hit came from. 

"What the hell is this pain?" Gray asked staring at the wrist that got hit. Suddenly he fell to his knees clutching his stomach.

"GRA--" I cut myself off realizing I could get us exposed. Gray's pain began to vary in the few minutes we stopped behind a tree. He came to the conclusion that it was someone else's emotions flowing into him. We just had to find a way to stop it.

.

.

.

Some how the thing that linked Gray's emotions had disappeared so we were ready to begin following the woman again.

"That was weird." He mumbled which I replied to by nodding my head in agreement.

"Where is she?" I whispered looking around I stopped when I felt a figure next to us.

"CRAP!" Gray and me yelled standing up.

"Following me?" The woman asked with a smile.

"Who are you?" Gray asked sounding a bit mad.

"You've noticed already, yes?" She asked.

"I am Ultear the daughter of your teacher Ul." 

"I see... I bet you hate my guts, don't you?" Gray asked looking away. All I did was stand there and watch the scene unravel before me.

"Gray. Ive wanted to see you for so long... Don't worry. I'm on your side, see?" Ultear smiled softly.

"My ally?" Gray asked staring at her.

"That's right." Ultear nodded.

"I know you don't have to say it. Ul's death was not your fault. My mother was only protecting her pupils, I think of it with pride." She whispered softly.

"Don't lie to me. i don't really care what you think of me. But I can't think Ul would be proud of what you're doing!" Gray growled in a scolding tone.

"About Zeref?" She asked looking at the passed out male.

"That's right! Deliora was the reason Ul gave up her life! And it was Zeref who created that thing right?!  You guys are gonna use Zeref to create some nutty world that makes no sense!" Gray yelled at her.

"You're wrong, Gray." She whispered avoiding his gaze.

"About what?!" Gray yelled.

"What i'm trying to do is what my mother... Is what Ul wanted!" Ultear stated. At that point I just kinda spaced off staring at Zeref.

'I feel like i've seen him before.'

"I don't understand. You wanted to meet me? I'm your ally?" Gray asked shocked making my head snap in his direction.

"That's right. Ive been searching for you all this time... You were the most loved of Ul's students, and I am Ul's daughter. We're almost like little brother and big sister." Ultear motioned.

"W-what?! Brother and sister?! Y-you're my sister?!" Gray exclaimed flustered.

"I mean it's kind of like that. Of course I have no reason to hate you." Ultear laughed.

"Hold it! I'm not going to buy this all of a sudden! You're our enemy right?!" Gray exclaimed stopping her.

"It's true that i am a member of Grimore Heart... But even though we stand against each other, I'm sure that we can speak heart to heart. Both of us follow the path Ul set for us, after all." Ultear smiled. As they were talking the ground suddenly began to rumble.

"What's going on?" Gray asked looking around. After the shacking stopped we sat Zeref against the tree Gray and I once were hiding behind. I began to study the male's feature but I suddenly began to feel drained I heard Gray say that he felt it too but I decided not to cut in on their conversation. Almost as soon as we felt like we were being drained we began to feel magic power surge through us.

"Looks like your magic power is back to normal." I heard Ultear speak up. Her footsteps began to near were I was crouching studying Zeref's face. She stood in front of me and picked up the male making him lean on her shoulder once again. I got up and stared as she began to walk away.

"Ul's... will?" I heard Gray whisper.

"You're free to believe me or not. I'm taking Zeref and leaving this island. You... defeat Hades. With Ul's spell, Iced Shell, you should be able to defeat him. Please you're the only one who can carry out what Ul and I have wished for!" Ul whispered. 

'What?!' I remember Natsu telling me about Iced Shell it's basically suicide.

"All right..." Gray agreed. I felt my eyes widen.

"I...will defeat Hades." He added.

"Iced Shell requires the caster to give up their life." Ultear stared.

"I know. I know full well!" Gray exclaimed.

"Thank you..." Ultear nodded.

"Back off. This isn't for you, or for Ul. It's for the guild." Gray stated firmly. Ultear nodded and continued walking.

♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦

Not one of my best chapters i'll admit but oh well.