Defense of Magnolia

(Reviewed)

Finally got around to watching Voltron \('-')/

╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮

Not long after Zeref's forces began to invade us we had only a week of relaxation and another week to prepare for the oncoming storm.

I stood with Gray and Juvia as Zeref's forces began breaking through our defenses. I was mostly glad that my old power of summoning weapons was still left so I was capable of fighting, but still we had to fight Zeref which was anything but relieving. I was cut off from my train of thoughts when we felt new magic presences going through our defenses.

"They made it through?!" Gray exclaimed.

"And it seems they're coming through Fairy Hills." I pointed out.

***

"The numbers are unbelievable." Gray sighed as we attacked more oncoming troops.

"But in comparison to what we fought back in the Avatar battles, this pales in comparison." I pointed out knocking out a whole group.

"Yes, but they are stronger in comparison." Juvia added making Gray and I nod.

"And... This is only a small portion of one of their fleets... I have a feeling this will get annoying." Gray sighed.

"Need some help?" A familiar giant busted in.

"Elfman!" Gray and I exclaimed.

"Hiyaa!" A smaller figure flew in.

"Lisanna-san!" Juvia exclaimed.

"Satan soul." Yet another voice added in.

"Mirajane Seilah." A somewhat familiar face appeared.

"Wha--" Gray exclaimed.

"Was she taken over." I gaped. Juvia's expression mirroring mine.

"Well... she would've died if we left her like that so... My sis is just too nice sometimes." Elfman shortly explained.

"So she's just been robbed of her body?" Gray asked.

"This is an... order all of you.... shall go to sleep" Mira ordered.

"Woah!" I gawked as nearly all of them knocked down.

"Mira-nee! Some of them are still awake!" Lisanna pointed out. (I honestly don't get why people say Sakura is useless -Naruto- when Lisanna is way more useless).

"Well for those... I guess we'll just have to do it the old fashioned way." Mira smiled with a wink.

"SO MANLY!!" Elfman cried. As we continued to fight a heavy wind accompanied by ton of sand started to blow in.

"I can't see two feet in front of me!" I cried out holding on to Gray since he was closest to me during the battle. Soon enough the sand cleared out and right in front of us were the strange armored robot things.

"HERE THEY COME!" Elfman yelled as they lunged at us. One of them went in to punch Juvia but as she dodged the robot blew of steam landing a painful blow.

"Juvia!" I exclaimed as she fell.

"Shit... Ice make." Before Gray could finish he was attacked by fire. I stared as the robots seemed to have everyone's weakness down, even mine and Mira's. It was troublesome for a second until we found a weakness to our 'weakness robots'. Switching it up... We switched around finding our match. In a matter of time they were dropping like flies once again.

'ENEMIES FROM THE WEST ELIMINATED... HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! CAN OF WHOOP ASS OPENED ON THE INVADERS FROM THE WEST!!!!' Natsu's voice rang through my head. I looked around and saw that everyone heard it too.

"Hoo... We've taken out all the garbage on our end." Gray smirked.

"Mhm!" I nodded with a small smile.

"Are you alright Ever?" Elfman asked as Laxus' team was having some trouble earlier.

'I don't need you, of all people to worry about me." Ever spat back through the telepathic connection.

"How's Erza holding up?" Mira asked.

'She just needs a bit of rest.' Wendy replied.

'We managed to capture one of the twelve... Even if it was a fluke.' Lucy spoke up.

"We'll bring her back to the guild!" Cana added. Everyone began to cheer shouting with glee as we felt as if our victory was imminent, but it was short lived. 

"What?" I mumbled staring at the smoke.

"It's coming from the Kardia cathedral." Lisanna pointed out. We decided to get Ever, Bickslow, and Freed to take them to the guild to get fixed up. Once we got there Ichia sacrificed his ship, Christina in order to save us from a beam that was about to hit us at the moment he was going down he sent out a call to all the guilds we've ever met for help to save Fiore and defeat Zeref. From there the Master assigned us to teams each one going in a different direction. I was sent to the south with Gray, Natsu, Juvia, Wendy, and Laxus. All though we did find out Natsu was lost and nowhere to be find at the moment making an anxiety build up in our chests.

While discussing some things about the war while pointing at the map for direction we noticed a dot moving at a rapid speed towards the outskirts.

"H-Hey! Look at this!" Someone pointed out.

"It's Natsu! We finally found him!" They called out.

"Where the hell is he..." Gray trailed off.

"Don't tell me he's..." Gramps mumbled.

"Does Natsu really intend to take on Zeref alone!?" Warren cried out, panic clear in his voice.

"That's too wreckless!!" Jet added on.

"That brat." Laxus grumbled.

"Change of strategy it is then. Let's go!" Gray called out.

"Wait!" Erza stopped him.

"We'll move accordingly to 1st's plan. Leave Zeref to Natsu." She explained.

"You serious! We're talking about Zeref here! He has the book of E.N.D with him y'know!" Gray protested.

"Natsu said he's got a secret technique to defeat Zeref, so... He'll be alright." Era nodded.

"You've got too much faith in him, Erza!" Gray growled stepping up to her.

"So you're telling me, you don't believe in him?" Erza shot back. They glared at each other, neither one of them backing off.

"Okay, okay! Stop this already." I split them apart before they tried to tear each other to shreds.

"What do we do now, First?" Mira asked.

"Well, let's place our hopes on Natsu then. His moves might seem reckless, but i'm sure there's a reason behind them. We're cornered from all sides... He must've thought that the faster way to end it all was to take the enemy's leader down, and I must agree, that is the most effective way. Let's just believe in him, shall we, Gray?" First suggested.

"Yeah well it's not like I don't... It's just him you know going out there... all alone and stuff." Gray blushed lightly.

"Well, he's not really alone is he? He has Happy with him." Carla smiled.

╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮

This is honestly tiring. This whole chapter was like 13 chapters from the manga in all and I still feel like it's a little bit.