The Challenger.

(revised)

I need to get my sleeping schedule back in order.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

I let out an impatient sigh as I waited for Lucy in our spot at the arena, Jason was next to me yelling in excitement. In the end I somehow ended up moving back in with Lucy. After explaining everything that happened to me she got somewhat angry at Gray but she got over it with my reassurance. Although I moved in I continued taking down more of the facilities, but I got a part-time with Lucy at Wizard Weekly as her helper to make money to help pay rent. 

'Today marks a year since the battle with Tartaros.' I frowned softy. Fireworks began to go off in the sky above the arena, indicating the start of the GMG.

"THIS IS IT, DECIDING THE BEST GUILD IN FIORE!! WE'RE ENTERING THE LAST DAY OF THE GAMES!" The announcer yelled.

"Surviving the semifinals with overwhelming power, Chrisaac from Dullahanhead!!" 

"Versus the guild that has shown us miracle upon miracle! The game this time around will be in tournaments. So the winner will be decided based on this match alone!" The pumpkin head yelled.

"COOL! COOL! We'll be able to write an interesting article this time, Lucy, Blade!" Jason exclaimed.

"Yeah..." I nodded.

"Lucy?" Jason asked once he got no response.

"Ah! Sorry! What were you saying?" Lucy broke away from her daydream. 

"Look... The battle's about to start!" Jason pointed at the arena.

"Yeah but it's all an act." Lucy pointed out.

"Not really, I mean, Skull millione's had a rocky start. Wo knows they might just..."

"That's what she's saying." I cut him off.

"Sure, Chrisaac's strong but from what I see, Skull Millione's members are way stronger. They're a lot stronger but they're just hiding it." Lucy explained.

"Huh?" Jason turned to us.

"HUUUUH?!" He yelled as Skull Millione won.

"THE WINNER IS SKULL MILLIONE! WHAT A SHOCK!" The announcer yelled.

"Cooooollll!!!" Jason yelled.

"Who knew!!!Oh such a surprise." The other announcer yelled.

"SKULL MILLIONEI!! AN UNEXPECTED WIN.... HAS THEM WORTH 100 TIMES MORE! FIORE'S NUMBER ONE GUILD, SKULL MILLIONE!!!" The pumpkin head yelled.

"Huuuuhh..." Lucy sighed.

"Amazing, Lucy! It's just like you said!" Jason praised.

"Sure, they're strong, but to have them as Fiore's number one guild." I sighed in disappointment.

"Oh, what happening over there? It's.." We all turned our heads to the arena entrance.

"What's happening?!" People started to worry amongst each other.

"Who the hell are you?" The guy from Skull Millione spoke up.

"An intruder?!" Lucy panicked. But there was something about the intruder, it didn't feel hostile or anything.

"This feeling..." I whispered with a frown.

"That power!!! Quick, evacuate all the people!" Lucy ordered Jason. We were cut off by a wave of steam hitting us. We stared at the arena as the group began talking to the intruder. The intruder suddenly brought out their arm from their cloak and attacked them with a fiery fist.