Crocus, the blooming capital

(edited)

I thinks this is one of my favorite arcs.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

"You guys... Where the hell were you all this time?!" Erza asked aggravated.

"We had the worst double date ever..." Gray and I answered at the same time. How did we get here you may ask, well.... Since the guild wanted to be number one again we decided to join the new festival thing they hold called the Grand Magic Games which I trained hard for. The others had wasted their time in the Celestial Spirit world while I went to train in the forest with a good friend of mine.

~Flash back~

"CMON BLADE THINK KARDASHIAN!" My trainer friend, Mathew ushered.

"Shut up Gaylord i'm training to be in the Grand Magic Games not some shitty show!" I yelled while doing lunges across the field.

"Whatever..." He replied sassily which made me sweat-drop. We decided that the first month will be dedicated to train my body while the other two months will be to train my magic.

"LET'S GO GIRL YOU HAVE TO GO LOWER WHEN YOU DO YOUR lUNGES! DON'T YOU WANT TO IMPRESS THAT BOYFRIEND OF YOURS?!"

"You aren't helping!" I yelled.

"IF YOU DON'T WORK HARDER I'LL HAVE TO TAKE THAT FINE PIECE OF MEAT FOR MYSELF!" Mathew yelled.

~End flashback~

'Yeah that training was worse than hell itself.' I shivered.

"We got into a weird tangle with some people... or maybe we started it..." Lucy sighed.

"By the way, Wendy's not back yet?" Erza asked.

"Come to think of it..." I mumbled.

"She's late." Gray added.

"I'm sure she's with Carla, so I doubt she's lost." Happy smiled.

"It's almost midnight." Erza sighed.

"That little girl is out this late... staying out late... Bad company... Juvenile delinquency! What should we do!" Lucy cried.

"Do all fiction writers have this kind of imagination?" Gray asked looking a bit weirded out. We all quieted down when the door opened to reveal Elfman and Lissana.

"Hey! We brought treats!" Elfman smiled.

"Tomorrow's the big day!" Lissana smiled.

"Elfman! Lissana!" Gray exclaimed.

"Are you guys gonna watch the Grand Magic Games, too?" Natsu smiled.

"Yeah. To be honest, I wanted to be in myself and show off for Lissana and Nee-chan, but giving up is also a man!" Elfman nodded.

"Good timing. can I ask you a favor?" Erza asked Lissana.

"What is it?" Lissana turned to the red head.

"Actually, Wendy hasn't come back to the inn yet." Erza started.

"And we're not supposed to do anything until after midnight." Gray sighed.

"Is something going to happen at midnight?" Lissana asked.

"I don't really know, but there's a rule that says we have to be here by midnight." Just as Gray finished his sentence the clock struck 12:00.

"And as I say that, I notice it's midnight now..." Gray sighed.

"What's gonna happen?" Natsu asked looking around.

"EVERYONE IN THE GUILDS WHO HAVE GATHERED TOGETHER FOR THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES... GOOD MORNING!" A comical voice said from outside.

"Outside?" We all turned our heads to the balcony. We ran out and saw a pumpkin?! Hologram?

"What the hell is that?! It's huge!" Natsu stared in awe.

"A three dimensional image!" Lucy pointed out.

"A Pumpkin!" Happy smiled.

"Beginning now were going to take the 113 participating teams and have an elimination round to pare them down to eight!" The Pumpkin cheered.

"Elimination round?" I asked aloud.

"We didn't hear about this!" Erza frowned.

"Every year, the number of participating guilds increases and it was pointing out that the events were getting stale. This year, there will only be eight teams competing in the official games. The elimination rules are simple!" The pumpkin danced. Suddenly the floor beneath us began to shake.

"What the.."

"What is this?" Erza asked shocked.

"The inn is transforming!" She yelled.

"Look! It's the same with the other guilds!" Gray pointed out.

"Transforming is a man's romantic fantasy!" Elfman yelled.

"All of you are going to race each other. The goal is the Games arena, Domus Flau. The first eight teams to arrive will go on!"

"Paths!" Gray stared at the stones in front of us.

"We have to take the path?" Erza asked.

"You're free to use your magic. There are no restrictions. But remember, only the first eight teams to get to the goal will survive this round. However, all five members must arrive or it doesn't count! And one more thing! We take no responsibility for lives lost in the labyrinth! The Grand Magic Games elimination round! Sky Labyrinth Begin!" The Pumpkin yelled.

"If this is a race we better hurry up." Gray sighed.

"Yeah!" I nodded in agreement.

"Wait!" Erza stopped us.

"What?!" Natsu asked turning to her.

"He said all five members of the team have to reach the goal together. Wendy isn't back yet."

"Oh, that's right!" Lucy exclaimed.

"WENDY!" Natsu called out.

"Then what are we gonna do?" I asked.

"Even with Wendy gone, you got a man right here." Elfman stepped up.

"Heh member change!" He laughed picking us all up and carrying us up the path.

"EH?!" We all yelled in shock.

"What superhuman strength!" I heard Happy yell

"Elf-nii-chan!" Lissana yelled.

"Guess we got no choice. I don't think we have time to wait for Wendy!" Gray sighed.

"We're in your hands, Elfman!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Leave it to me!" Elfman smiled.

"Lissana! Happy!" Erza called out.

"Aye!"

"What is it, Erza?" Lissana yelled.

"Search for Wendy and Carla! I just hope they haven't gotten into any trouble..." Erza yelled.

"Okay! I'll talk to our people!" Lissana replied.

"GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!" Happy cheered.

"MAN!!!" Elfman yelled.

"Theres the entrance to the labyrinth!" Gray pointed out as Elfman finally put us down.

"Nope! Theres the entrance to being number one in Fiore! Let's go, team Fairy Tail!" Natsu cheered.

"Yeah!" We replied.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃
Done! Hope you were able to recognize the YouTuber I snuck in there.